Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just discovered an oil distributor up here that sells unleaded race gas, so now I can bump up my octane and get a 93 tune to go with the 91. I'm so stoked! I drive past the place every time I go to town. I'm glad I decided to call and check.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well I just discovered an oil distributor up here that sells unleaded race gas, so now I can bump up my octane and get a 93 tune to go with the 91. I'm so stoked! I drive past the place every time I go to town. I'm glad I decided to call and check.
They have 93 or 100?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any update?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
The Sunoco near me in Monroe mi sells either 100 or 110, can't remember. $7 a gallon last I looked

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Race gas gets expensive quick. If its at the pump in California it's 10% ethanol (oxygenated) and runs about $9 a gallon. 5 gallon pails are usually about $80. We have VP streetblaze here at the pump and it was $9.68 a gallon two weeks ago

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There's a station near me that sells race gas because of a nearby drag strip, and it ain't cheap! :shocked:
No it ain't cheap! $63 for a 5 gallon pale!

Seems chepaer to get a e30 tune then have to get a 100 tune and pay 9.00+ a gallon
No E up here in the desert :disappointed:

Exactly. E is everywhere in SoCal. E30 is 95 octane and to get that with race gas you will have to mix 6 and 5 and will cost $45.

View attachment 265626
See above.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any update?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Yes!
I got a pale of F&L Xtreme 100 but I may have got the 105 because it's yellow and not blue. Maybe a miss lable? I just called and they said that's probably what happened, which I'm good with because after reading the pamphlet on all the fuels, I want to run the 105 anyways.

They have all the VP fuels and all the F&L fuels.

I know it's kind of pricey but it will be nice to take advantage of 93 tune from time to time.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Yes!
I got a pale of F&L Xtreme 100 but I may have got the 105 because it's yellow and not blue. Maybe a miss lable? I just called and they said that's probably what happened, which I'm good with because after reading the pamphlet on all the fuels, I want to run the 105 anyways.

They have all the VP fuels and all the F&L fuels.

I know it's kind of pricey but it will be nice to take advantage of 93 tune from time to time.
Is it unleaded? $63 for 5 gallons isn't that bad. I bought a pail of VP ethanol free T4 and it cost me $78.00 recently

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is it unleaded? $63 for 5 gallons isn't that bad. I bought a pail of VP ethanol free T4 and it cost me $78.00 recently
Yes, unleaded. I use to run C16 in my drag bike and I think that's about what it cost back then. The F&L Meth is way cheaper, I think it was like $45 for 5 gallons.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
A little update. Well after putting just 1 gallon of of race gas (in a full tank), I'm happy to report that my OAR is headed in the right direction for the first time and the negative corrections are almost null, along with the knock count. Amazing what a little good fuel will do for you.

·
Registered
455 Posts
A little update. Well after putting just 1 gallon of of race gas (in a full tank), I'm happy to report that my OAR is headed in the right direction for the first time and the negative corrections are almost null, along with the knock count. Amazing what a little good fuel will do for you.
Where are you getting your pump gas from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Where are you getting your pump gas from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
76, I've tried Shell and Chevron and both times the OAR went up every time you mash the gas. At least with the 76 I could get it down to around -0.62

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
76, I've tried Shell and Chevron and both times the OAR went up every time you mash the gas. At least with the 76 I could get it down to around -0.62

Ive had best luck with 76. Our dealership has actually had to test their fuel. Sample of their 91 came back as 92.3. I cant speak for all 76 stations, but when I can I try to only use this station for my personal cars.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts