Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Thinking about buying a race downpipe. Thinking how to do the car does not show error codes. I have a COBB Accesport 3. if I install software that includes a bute of downpipe. Does it turn off so that the car does not warn for incorrect values ​​in the exhaust system?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hello! Thinking about buying a race downpipe. Thinking how to do the car does not show error codes. I have a COBB Accesport 3. if I install software that includes a bute of downpipe. Does it turn off so that the car does not warn for incorrect values ​​in the exhaust system?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Yes, you will need a tune for the downpipe which will also disable the CEL you're talking about, can't remember the o2 code it throws.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I believe the stage 3 OTS tunes already have that code shut off but a custom tune is always the best way to go anyway.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Usually the code it throws is a P0240 cat insufficient code. Cobb stage 3 OTS tunes, all E-Tunes and Pro Tunes will have the box unchecked in the ptm file the created your tune. Essentially it disable the sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts