Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody! Thinking about buying a racepipe without a catalyst. Anyone who knows if they have much or little effect? How many horsepower can you get?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
222 Posts
9-12 additional HP with a cat-less downpipe, this assumes you're tuned.

I enjoyed the sound the most, it really gets lout when you're WOT.

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
without a tune you will "gain" nothing but you will have a LOT less heat because the factory cats location is literally a glowing ball of heat sitting right behind the engine.

you dont have to tune but if you can afford to run a catless DP you might as well spend a bit more and get a tune

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Also, if you get a catless downpipe and you do NOT get a tune, you WILL get a check engine light. Unless you buy a defouler, which is just a little extension tube that brings the 02 sensor a little farther away from the downpipe so it doesn't read rich.

The catless downpipe will bring out the sexy turbo whistle noise our car makes, which is awesome.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Make sure you don't live in a county/state that has emissions laws which involve an inspection with a sniffer.
You can trick out the OBII readers with a tuner or the defouler but you can't fake the sniff test.

Plus... ALL THE HORSEPOWAAA

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Make sure you don't live in a county/state that has emissions laws which involve an inspection with a sniffer.
You can trick out the OBII readers with a tuner or the defouler but you can't fake the sniff test.

Plus... ALL THE HORSEPOWAAA
He's in Sweden, and I'm not sure of their laws on smog but I believe they are a rather "green" country (unlike us a55holes in the US) so I wouldn't be surprised if it were outlawed.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
He's in Sweden, and I'm not sure of their laws on smog but I believe they are a rather "green" country (unlike us a55holes in the US) so I wouldn't be surprised if it were outlawed.
Honestly didn't even read the tag. but yea, it could be interesting. If I were doing this in an area where inspection were an issue I would probably cut the flanges off the back end of the DP and the front end of the CB and put in a V band for quick disconnect.
Either that or get a nice set of Stainless bolts and anti seize the heck out of them so that they're easily disassembled everytime you need to pass.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A guy from Mountune will make a software for my car. There he will block error codes for this. I'm most curious if the car will be a bit faster ☺

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
A guy from Mountune will make a software for my car. There he will block error codes for this. I'm most curious if the car will be a bit faster ☺

In that case you will definitely notice a difference. Our car with a proper tune is quite an addicting experience. Very fun!

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
As long as you're getting it tuned, it is definitely worth switching to the catless downpipe.
Better flow, the factory pipe has a horrible pinch point in it.
The catalytic converter also holds a lot of heat right next to the firewall.

As long as mountune is sending you a tune along with the ability to shut off the Check Engine Light code you'll see an uptick in power.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
So they are well worth switching downpipe ☺?

I think so, yes. The power increase and the sound increase is fantastic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts