Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, just under 76,000 miles. No, I was too lazy to change the plugs yet. Has been running fine except occassionally, it would falter during startup. Suddenly, today I get in and get an engine fault code. Runs like crap. Idles just fine but while driving and up around 2,000 RPM, the thing starts cutting out, sputtering and basically running like a turd. I do have the 1000,000 mile Ford / Budco warranty. I know it needs plugs and I found a Natur Valley Granola Bar wrapper in the air box. How it got there, I have NO idea. The air filter was not bad at all. I blew it off with compressed air and also disconnected and reconnected the batter. No change.

Vehicle Health Report Faults read as follows :

Engine / Transmission

Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power
What Should I Do?
Have the system checked by an authorized dealer.
What is Happening?
Indicates that a powertrain, all-wheel drive or four-wheel drive fault has been detected.
What does this mean?
Powertrain Fault: Illuminates when an electric throttle control, transmission, all-wheel drive, four-wheel drive or fuel system fault has been detected. Contact an authorized dealer as soon as possible.
y Malfunction Indicator Lamp - Regulatory
What Should I Do?
Light Stays On: The vehicle may still be drivable and not require towing. Refer to On Board Diagnostics (OBD-II) in the Owner's Manual for information on temporary malfunctions that may not require vehicle service. Light Blinking: Drive in a moderate fashion (avoid heavy acceleration and deceleration) and contact your authorized dealer as soon as possible.
What is Happening?
Light Stays On: The On-board Diagnostics System has detected a problem with the engine, transmission or an emission-related component or system.
Light Blinking: Indicates that the On Board Diagnostics System has detected an engine misfire problem with the engine.
What does this mean?
Service Engine Soon: If the Service Engine Soon indicator light stays illuminated after the engine is started, it indicates the On Board Diagnostics(OBD) system has detected a malfunction of your vehicle emissions control system. Refer to On Board Diagnostics in your Owner's Manual. If the light is blinking, engine misfire is occurring which could damage your catalytic converter. Drive in a moderate fashion (avoid heavy acceleration and deceleration) and have your vehicle serviced immediately by an authorized dealer. See your Owner's Manual for additional information.

Brake Warning

What should I do if the warning light remains illuminated after ensuring the parking brake is not engaged? If the brake system warning light remains illuminated with the parking brake fully released, the brake system should be immediately inspected. Contact an authorized dealer as soon as possible.

What should I do if the warning light turns off when the parking brake is not engaged? If the warning light turns off when you fully release the parking brake, run another Vehicle Health Report with the parking brake released. Make sure the vehicle service (regular) brakes are applied and your vehicle is in park (P) (vehicles with an automatic transmission). Running a Vehicle Health Report with the parking brake engaged may have generated the initial brake system warning notification.

tWARNING: Driving your vehicle with the brake warning indicator on is dangerous. A significant decrease in braking performance may occur. It will take you longer to stop your vehicle. Have your vehicle checked by your authorized dealer. Driving extended distances with the parking brake engaged can cause brake failure and the risk of personal injury.
What is Happening?
Indicates low brake fluid level or a brake system malfunction has been detected.
What does this mean?
The brake system warning light illuminates when you start your vehicle to make sure it works. It will also illuminate when you engage the parking brake with the ignition on. If the brake system warning light does not illuminate at this time, seek service immediately from an authorized dealer.
If it illuminates when you are driving, check that you do not have the parking brake engaged. If you do not have the parking brake engaged, this indicates low brake fluid level or a brake system malfunction. Have the system immediately checked by an authorized dealer.

The b!tch of all this is that I just sold the Lightning so this is my only transportation right now.

:furious::furious::furious:

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Sounds like you may have a HPFP going out. Mine already went out and got replaced.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Oh my! I just saw a story on my local news about rodents doing lots of damage to vehicles. Usually in colder months they look for a warmer spot. We've had some problems at our barn out in the country. Mice building nests in the tractor air intakes. They would rip the stuffing out of lounge chairs and shred paper towels and go to work clogging up our Deere's intake. After many mice traps and one big king snake helping out we seem to have won the fight for now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts