Engine
Mustang 2.3 keyed crankshaft
Manley H Beam rods
Manley Piston
ARP Main bolts
ARP Head studs
Regrind Cams
Crower Valve springs
Head work (gasket matching, bowl and port work)
Massive BSD kit with pan Baffle
Cometic head gasket
Montune PCV Plate
GTX3076 Gen2

Bolt on Things
CPE Intake, ΔCore FMIC, RMM, Trans Mount
Damond Pass mount, Catch can
CNT catless downpipe
Milltek exhaust
Depo charge pipes
Spec Stage 3+ Clutch
Mfactory axles
Radium 4 port
TB Performance strut tower brace, end links, Torque gusset

Scene Points
Anderson Composite RS wing
Option Labs bronze 18x9.5 wheels

Let’s start off a new Quicksilver thread since I am the new proud owner of this beast. Many of you may know this car from this build thread https://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-builds/127641-kewing-2-3-build-project-quicksilver.html , please go check it out for detailed pictures of the engine build!

This is my second FoST I have owned now; last one was big turbo on meth making around 380. Sold in august of 2018. This current one is 2.3 stroker making over 500 with E50. If you were following the last thread you saw the motor was still in pieces. It took another broken motor to use its short block to get the beast back together. He had it close to fully tuned on E50 when I picked it up, he has now moved onto a really nice kenny bell supercharged mustang.

Now up to the point that I own it… was having a blast driving the car around end of the season when I noticed one day it felt under power. Decided when I got back on vacation, I would dig more into it. Come back to find most of the coolant had ended up on the ground, this was due to the exhaust port cracking inside. The car has been apart as I wait for the machine shop to get a different head redecked with the similar port and polish job. Been a long game of waiting!

Sit back and relax this summer and watch all the fun unroll this summer once I get it together and out once again!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
IMG_3150.jpeg
The day I got it!
IMG_3166.jpeg
Makes my daily look alittle bigger :lol:
IMG_3622.jpeg
What I came back from vacation to!
IMG_1750.jpeg
If you look really closely you can see a nice little crack in there that was allowing coolant to pass into the turbo

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Now lets get onto the goodies I have added so far!
IMG_4147.jpg
Picked up these beautiful Option Labs to allow me to run a bigger tire on this beast
IMG_2026.jpeg
Never have been a fan of the RS wings on these STs but couldnt pass up one in carbon :in love:
IMG_2064.jpeg
Had to pick up stuff from TB when he was having an amazing sale on his products! Cant wait to see how much better the car will handle with these great pieces
IMG_2170.jpg
Here it sits waiting for its finally piece to get it running once again! Hope you all follow along because I have some big goals with this car to achieve!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'll be following along with this, you have some stuff done that I'm potentially doing in the future. I just started my build thread as well (Little Red).

Look forward to your progress man!

·
Super Moderator
7,047 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, you bought Karls car. Noice!!
Yup I sure did! He was so discourage from the last motor blowing, I couldn't see him parting it out again and possible selling it stock. Been good friends with him for the last few years and watched the car grow, I am so happy to have such a well built and taken care of car. Hoping to achieve some goals he had with it when he owned it. Maybe even let him rip on the strip a few times haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
nickbaldwin86
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing