Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys, I've never been very knowledgeable when it comes to tire sizes...I know someone who is selling 235/55R18 wheels and brand new Blizzak's for an amazing price. Bolt pattern is 5x108. Will the tires/wheels fit a 2013 ST? I know 55 is for aspect ratio but I'm not sure how much it affects whether the wheels/tires will fit....

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Sorry guys, I've never been very knowledgeable when it comes to tire sizes...I know someone who is selling 235/55R18 wheels and brand new Blizzak's for an amazing price. Bolt pattern is 5x108. Will the tires/wheels fit a 2013 ST? I know 55 is for aspect ratio but I'm not sure how much it affects whether the wheels/tires will fit....
No go on the tire fitment, OE is 25.4" tall and the size you have listed there is 28.18 inches tall.

The 55 is the aspect ratio which is really just a percentage. So instead of 40% of 235 equaling the height of the sidewall you are doing 55% of 235 which is substantially larger.

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
They will bolt up to the car, but the tire height will throw your speedo way off.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
They will bolt up to the car, but the tire height will throw your speedo way off.
Just changing to a tire that is hardly any smaller than stock (went with a 245 wide PSS tire and I guess it's smaller diameter even though it's the same "size" height-wise) it was apparently thin enough that it threw me off by a FEW mph. Cruise set to 80 and GPS has me at 82.5/83. Which is gonna get me in trouble lol

·
Registered
613 Posts
Just changing to a tire that is hardly any smaller than stock (went with a 245 wide PSS tire and I guess it's smaller diameter even though it's the same "size" height-wise) it was apparently thin enough that it threw me off by a FEW mph. Cruise set to 80 and GPS has me at 82.5/83. Which is gonna get me in trouble lol
tire that is taller than stock will make your speedo read low. shorter than stock is other way around

1 - 7 of 7 Posts