Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the size of the bolt that attaches the intake tube? I put an FSweks tube on last night and realized that the bolt that fastens the tube down is missing. I'd like to just go grab one at lowes. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Probably 6mm--I'm guessing, though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply man. I need a little more than that. Length. Thread pitch. Etc. I have looked online briefly and I cannot find exactly what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Call up the company and ask them? If they left it out they might just want to send you the part, but I don't see why they wouldn't know what bolt to pick up that would work in the mean time.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Call up the company and ask them? If they left it out they might just want to send you the part, but I don't see why they wouldn't know what bolt to pick up that would work in the mean time.
@Blindeye_03

I do not believe the bolt comes with the kit. I think it uses the factory mounting bolt that is on the top side of the engine. Just an FYI. :smile:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. I bought the kit second hand but it says it uses the factory bolt that came with the car and that is missing on my car (precious owner must have had his own CAI installed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just want to mention to be very careful tightening it! I pulled the threads out when fastening the OEM bolt down. Luckily a longer bolt with the same pitch was able to work.

·
Registered
660 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts