Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST3
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do you do a manual install on 3? Can't seem to get it to work.
manual install?

unzip the files to a blank FAT32 formatted USB drive so they're at the root of the drive
once you plug it in - it will automagically start updating ;)

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST3
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
660 Posts
manual install?

unzip the files to a blank FAT32 formatted USB drive so they're at the root of the drive
Why are companies still using FAT 32 partitions? The file is 1.6GB zipped. It has to be topping out the 2GB partition size that FAT32 supports.

Reactions: LeojST and Toadster

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Why are companies still using FAT 32 partitions? The file is 1.6GB zipped. It has to be topping out the 2GB partition size that FAT32 supports.
FAT16 has a max 4GB vol size, and FAT32 is 32GB. The OS used also plays a large part of this, in how it's partitioned and formatted to what sector size. So ergo, it's fine, and offers the best overall compatibility.

·
Registered
660 Posts
FAT16 has a max 4GB vol size, and FAT32 is 32GB. The OS used also plays a large part of this, in how it's partitioned and formatted to what sector size. So ergo, it's fine, and offers the best overall compatibility.
By that logic we should all still be using Windows 98. Progress people.

I don't know of many people that are still using USB drives that are formatted in FAT32.

Reactions: LeojST and Toadster

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
By that logic we should all still be using Windows 98. Progress people.

I don't know of many people that are still using USB drives that are formatted in FAT32.
Most of mine still are again for compatibility reasons. I've got a indash cam that uses FAT16/32. I've got cameras that only support FAT32. etc.. WinCE still lives to this day in devices, and things like backward compatibility will always be there for the foreseeable future.

FYI FAT32 supported started with Win98. While an OS changes, a filesystem doesn't advance as fast. For the same reason I've stated now twice.

<--Manages PB's of data in my day to day job.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
manual install?

Hmm I did that and it isnt doing anything. It sees the USB, yet never loads up anything.

Will try reformating. Figured it was the same as it has always been, but its Ford after all...

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST3
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmm I did that and it isnt doing anything. It sees the USB, yet never loads up anything.

Will try reformating. Figured it was the same as it has always been, but its Ford after all...
I used the USB in the armrest - not the one by the shifter

·
Registered
8 Posts
And this is the correct part number that continues to allow the front USB hub to work as well?

Great thread; thanks for consolidating.
This part is only for the armrest USB. CarPlay will only work with this installed, and only when your cord is plugged into the new hub. I haven't heard a way to upgrade the under climate port. Apparently, that one is quite difficult to upgrade. Best of Luck!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am having trouble with this. It is worth noting I am not great with computers, but I have a 2016 ST3 with Nav. When I plug my USB in to my car (tried both armrest and near the stick) I get the following message:

"The installation has run out of space or does not work with this version"

Pics below of my USB, the message, my SYNC version, and my build #:.

Someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Font Text Website Screenshot Technology

Reactions: jam360nml
1 - 20 of 34 Posts