Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my AP should be coming in today. I just wanted to make sure I use the right Tune for it. I've read a ton already on here about different tunes and custom tunes, etc. I'm just going to stick with the Cobb OTS for now. My main question is, I have an AWE CBE, TS BOV, Green filter, and symposium delete. I only use 93 from a Top Tier gasoline provider.

So should I be okay using 93 Stage 1? Or should I go with the 91?

Thanks

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,364 Posts
Most people are negative on the OTS tunes. I've been reading and asking many questions because I have an unknown tune on my car from a PO, likely a Cobb OTS.

My suggestion would be to start a stage and octane lower than you think you want and use the AP3 to monitor corrections, OAR, and knock, before pushing too far.

Do not go above stage 1 without FMIC upgrade. Really would have been better to upgrade FMIC before getting the AP3.

·
Vendor
623 Posts
So my AP should be coming in today. I just wanted to make sure I use the right Tune for it. I've read a ton already on here about different tunes and custom tunes, etc. I'm just going to stick with the Cobb OTS for now. My main question is, I have an AWE CBE, TS BOV, Green filter, and symposium delete. I only use 93 from a Top Tier gasoline provider.

So should I be okay using 93 Stage 1? Or should I go with the 91?

Thanks
highly recommend checking out our Adapt-X calibration if you're willing to spend the extra coin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most people are negative on the OTS tunes. I've been reading and asking many questions because I have an unknown tune on my car from a PO, likely a Cobb OTS.

My suggestion would be to start a stage and octane lower than you think you want and use the AP3 to monitor corrections, OAR, and knock, before pushing too far.

Do not go above stage 1 without FMIC upgrade. Really would have been better to upgrade FMIC before getting the AP3.
This makes sense, better safe than sorry. I’ll start with that and monitor.
Yea, the FMIC is on my list now. Didn’t realize how important of a mod it is.

thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

So what’s the objective here, monitor OAR make sure it stays negative and the cylinder gauges make sure it stays positive? If good then move up to 93?

·
Super Moderator
9,791 Posts
So what’s the objective here, monitor OAR make sure it stays negative and the cylinder gauges make sure it stays positive? If good then move up to 93?
OAR should learn to -1.0 and you want positive ignition corrections under hard acceleration.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OAR should learn to -1.0 and you want positive ignition corrections under hard acceleration.
So do this for about a week and if good then move on up? I really wanna go 93 but I’m trying to be patient and make sure things look okay. Sorry for the noob questions, never had a tune.

·
Super Moderator
1,478 Posts
So do this for about a week and if good then move on up? I really wanna go 93 but I’m trying to be patient and make sure things look okay. Sorry for the noob questions, never had a tune.
It makes no difference for 91 vs 93 on terms of functionality. They're just optimized for different octanes. If you have access to 93, I'd opt to use the 93.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It makes no difference for 91 vs 93 on terms of functionality. They're just optimized for different octanes. If you have access to 93, I'd opt to use the 93.
Alright. f it. Went 93 stage 1. I’ll monitor the gauges and make sure things work out. If anything fishy I’ll go back to 91. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts