Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions regarding modifying the Focus ST.
I come from a Subaru background and every time you added a part (other than a catback) you had to tune the car.
If I were to add an intake and/or BOV to my ST will I need to tune the vehicle? I already know that adding a DP would require a tune.
What about changing out the front mount and all piping?
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I've searched high and low on the internet to no available answers.

Thanks for the help

·
Administrator
11,899 Posts
I have a few questions regarding modifying the Focus ST.
I come from a Subaru background and every time you added a part (other than a catback) you had to tune the car.
If I were to add an intake and/or BOV to my ST will I need to tune the vehicle? I already know that adding a DP would require a tune.
What about changing out the front mount and all piping?
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I've searched high and low on the internet to no available answers.

Thanks for the help
Actually you dont need a tune for any of those parts. You can avoid the check engine light via the downpipe with a defouler. You just would be lacking all the real power increases.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually you dont need a tune for any of those parts. You can avoid the check engine light via the downpipe with a defouler. You just would be lacking all the real power increases.
Appreciate the feedback. Power is fine for right now for me anyways. Eventually I'll get the AP, but I want to concentrate on suspension first. I more than likely won't do a BOV as I'm not a huge fan of them.
Any feedback on a particular intake?

·
Administrator
11,899 Posts
Appreciate the feedback. Power is fine for right now for me anyways. Eventually I'll get the AP, but I want to concentrate on suspension first. I more than likely won't do a BOV as I'm not a huge fan of them.
Any feedback on a particular intake?
Well intakes wont net you any power, people round these parts just get them for the turbo noise.

I like an aftermarket accordion section, and something that either reuses the airbox in a closed configuration, or replaces the airbox in a configuration that can be closed. Something that gives you some room to pull the airbox to work on the car. OEM airbox comes out super easy, I wouldn't want to get rid of it.

JBR is my choice as of right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts