Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Focus ST Wagon MK3 2015
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,

I stared mounting a vacuum valve to bypass the muffler of my Focus ST MK3, but I'm a bit stuck on how to connect it to the engines vacuum hose.
Hoping somebody has also done this and know how.

I bought a Exhaust valve set from JMTuning and the valve has been placed bypassing the muffler (see 2nd photo below).
I've connected the vacuum hose and pushed it all the way to the front of the car in the engine bay. It's all pretty straight forward.
My only problem is that I don't know where to connect the vacuum hose to the engine vacuum hose (called motor vacuum in the image below).
As per image below I need to extract vacuum from the engine vacuum hose somewhere but I have no idea where and how.

Anybody can help me out with some guidance?

Font Auto part Bicycle part Cable Event

Motor vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel Hood

Vehicle Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Even with a vacuum source how does the system work? Whats the control box do?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
4,414 Posts
Hood Finger Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Bag Automotive design

You want to connect it rubber line leading to the BPV (bypass valve) solenoid. This leads from the vacuum pump.

Avoid the hardline unless you know what you're doing.

This is if you're searching for a constant vacuum source.

Reactions: W4R and junits15

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
4,414 Posts
Even with a vacuum source how does the system work? Whats the control box do?
The controller holds the remote module & relay to control the inline solenoid to allow vacuum to open up the valve.

It would need vacuum to activate the canister.

@Neur03ngine make damn sure that you run this hose in a hard line as any damage could result in a leak. This is the vacuum source for your BPV & WGA solenoids! Bad things will occur if it leaks. An electronic cutout would probably be safer.

Stay Safe
J

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
The controller holds the remote module & relay to control the inline solenoid to allow vacuum to open up the valve.

@Neur03ngine make damn sure that you run this hose in a hard line as any damage could result in a leak. This is the vacuum source for your BPV & WGA solenoids! Bad things will occur if it leaks. An electronic cutout would probably be safer.

Stay Safe
J
That's what I figured but wasn't sure if he was looking for a open while under boost or just push button on remote and then it opens. But like you said electric would be safer.

Reactions: SSgtjrobertson

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
want to connect it rubber line

Stay Safe
J
@SSgtjrobertson I just ordered a external vacuum source that connects to the 12v in the trunk to avoid having to use the engines vacuum source and risk leaks.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge it was really helpful

1 - 7 of 7 Posts