Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I recently executed the firmware update and was left with some questions. First and foremost it is worth noting that I had not updated since purchasing the access port (v320 maps).

So I executed the firmware update, which by the patch notes looks to include the v501 maps. The update completed, and anytime I check it insists it is up to date. The maps, however, did not appear on my accessport. It still only displayed the v320 maps.

From here I went onto the official Cobb website and sourced the focus st stage 2 maps for 91 and 93 octane. I then imported these 2 maps to the accessport and was given a warning message: "44 of these maps don't match the vehicle this accessport is installed to" then it asks me if I wish to proceed with importing them all or not. If I select no, it imports just 2 maps, that I assume are "compatible". Meanwhile if select "yes" it will import 46 different stage 2 maps for the focus st (44 of which must not be compatible?)

When it comes to tuning my car, I don't want to make a mistake, so I was hoping someone could set me straight here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
613 Posts
On the accessport itself, go to Tune-> restore OTS maps. There's a lot of different 'versions' and nuances to the ECUs, this takes the thinking out of it and restores the v501 or currents OTS maps for your car on your AP.

Then I usually load up AP manager again and delete the old ones I don't want.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I appreciate the help. I'll follow these directions right now.

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
i was trying to restore the OTS tunes , but couldn’t find the tune>restore> etc.
You can get their off the shelf maps straight from cobb:

Just select the map/maps you want, it will take you to the "purchase" page where you will select fuel type and then add the tune to your cart and then check out. There is no charge, you just have to go through the purchase process and the tune/tunes will be e-mailed to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts