Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys.... for my 2016 ST...

1. Anyone know of any quality authentic CF hoods? preferably with vents
2. Quality bolt on skid plates for when i go lower... whats your preference?
3. Any aftermarket tails for the 15+?
4. Thoughts on the TTR intake manifold or products of that nature?
5. Work emotion ultimates or Gram light 57xtreme? the struggle..
6. Meth vs e85... eventually i will do one or the other.. meth seems to be the more expensive route.. however... you can run it all year round with no issues and with a fail-safe i hear is fairly reliable.
7. If you have gotten this far and anwsered 2 of the first 6... You. are. the. real. mvp.

Respectfully,
Mike

·
Registered
660 Posts
I believe Vivid Racing is the only CF hood for the 15/16/17. It does have hood vents in it and it requires hood pins. Sorry, can't seem to find the thread on this.

There is a dude called the skid plate guy on facebook that makes metal skid plates for the focus st.

If by aftermarket tail you mean spoiler, there are many on the market. A lot of RS style spoilers.

E85-you almost have to live in an area that has a station with it. Meth kits are nice as they are very safe and also help with the issue of oil blow back into the valves.

Hopefully someone else will chime in and correct/elaborate and answer your other questions. I will not comment on rims as that is very subjective and I personally don't like what a lot of others do. Good luck!

·
Registered
371 Posts
4&6 I run the TTR manifold, it has the 4 ports ready for meth injection. I also recommend looking into breedt, their's is way better quality. I am going with a single port setup for now, since I am still on stock turbo. There would not be much worthy gains if I did 4 just alot more money in nozzles. I am currently installing my AquaMist kit (the best meth kit on the market) it is full of fail safes. But you need to be comfortable with wiring since you will be tapping into alot of wires In your car (Fuel injectors, map sensor etc..). If e-85 is available around you, I suggest going that route especially if you have a high power goal! That is another thing to ask yourself what are your goals for power? bay.jpg IMG_7146.JPG pump.jpg

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aftermarket tails = Aftermarket tail lights... my apologies. There is plenty of e85 around me. My power goal is 350ish 99.99999% reliability which is why im thinking about either building my own block with forged internals / sleeving... or getting a DHM 2.0L block that is plug and play. i would rather go e85 just because to me its easier and safer. however... i live in ohio and winter is always a possibility. so i dont want to run into any issues with that. Very clean set-up btw!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts