Ford Focus ST Forum banner

781 - 800 of 836 Posts

·
Vendor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #781
Good to know the system is working effectively.

Can you tell me where the jets are placed, if you can post pictures, it will be even better. This has a great deal of how well the w/m is distributed. If they are too closed to the throttle, it get worse. Could be the cause of bogging. The ECM will trim fuel based on the leanest cylinder and cause over-fueling on others. Can you post a log?

If you wish to bring the system in a bit earlier, just play with the "THRES" trimmer. C-CW to make it earlierI cannot tell how the system is configured, post a picture of the controller settings. Leave the restrictor out for the time being.

Your car is un-tuned and just added the meth?

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is the best way to have the HFS4 set up trigger injection, IDC, MPS, P+I, I had assumed it would be P+I but I switched the jumper to this after having it on IDC which worked fine and it didn't spray so I switched back. I am currently in the testing phase as I just installed the system yesterday, according to the updated wiring diagram provided by Richard and won't really be running the system till I get my big turbo tune all figured out.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Just popping in to say thanks again Richard. The HFS-2 has now sprayed through the first 14gal I mixed, and I just mixed another 14 more. I absolutely love the system.

·
Vendor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #784
What is the best way to have the HFS4 set up trigger injection, IDC, MPS, P+I, I had assumed it would be P+I but I switched the jumper to this after having it on IDC which worked fine and it didn't spray so I switched back. I am currently in the testing phase as I just installed the system yesterday, according to the updated wiring diagram provided by Richard and won't really be running the system till I get my big turbo tune all figured out.
The best way is the IDC. P+I is for twin fuel rail engines.

Richard

·
Registered
69 Posts
The jets are 3 inches after the exit of the FMIC in the silicone elbow, then maybe another 5 inches after that for the second (0.5mm) jet and then another 10 in after that for the last last jet (0.4mm). I can try you to take a picture when I have the bottom protective panels off the car again. Am I still too close to the TB? Should I just use the first to jets and close off the one in the CP-E hard cold charge port and then remove the 0.7mm restrictor?

Sorry but what log would you need from AP? And how could I send you what you need?

AQM Jet location.png

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ok let me introduce myself, I am an idiot with no experience in vehicular wiring. With that said, I need some guidance on the wiring portion of the install (received the HSF4 this week and am pretty overwhelmed by the amount of wiring). Where is all of this getting wired to (as shown circled in the image) and where exactly is this located? The plumbing aspects of the install seem pretty straightforward to me, I'm just reticent to even begin until I understand the wiring aspect.

Much thanks!

Untitled.jpg

·
Vendor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #788
Ok let me introduce myself, I am an idiot with no experience in vehicular wiring. With that said, I need some guidance on the wiring portion of the install (received the HSF4 this week and am pretty overwhelmed by the amount of wiring). Where is all of this getting wired to (as shown circled in the image) and where exactly is this located? The plumbing aspects of the install seem pretty straightforward to me, I'm just reticent to even begin until I understand the wiring aspect.

Much thanks!

View attachment 151449
The task is as daunting as you imagined.

The ECU is tucked away in an almost inaccessible location (post 703) in the engine bay.

It is therefore easier to tap into each sensor individually. If you purchased the system from us directly, there should be a bunch of posi-taps supplied.

Details of each sensor or tapping points are discussed on the thread. I will listed them out as soon as I have a moment sieving through the previous posts. There are a few users here that may chime in to help.

Richard

·
Registered
271 Posts
The task is as daunting as you imagined.

The ECU is tucked away in an almost inaccessible location (post 703) in the engine bay.

It is therefore easier to tap into each sensor individually. If you purchased the system from us directly, there should be a bunch of posi-taps supplied.

Details of each sensor or tapping points are discussed on the thread. I will listed them out as soon as I have a moment sieving through the previous posts. There are a few users here that may chime in to help.

Richard
Much thanks for pointing me to the proper wiring locations. I was cringing at the idea of having to cut into the stock wiring, but these posi-taps are pretty amazing... first time I have ever seen them! I do not have the taps though, what size do I need (I am assuming sized for 20-22 AWG)? I have the Boomba spacer which has 8 places where you can inject, 2 per cylinder. From what I have read it appears people typically only inject into one position per cylinder. Why is this? And does it matter if it is the left side or right side of each (assuming it should be consistent)?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good to know the system is working effectively.

Can you tell me where the jets are placed, if you can post pictures, it will be even better. This has a great deal of how well the w/m is distributed. If they are too closed to the throttle, it get worse. Could be the cause of bogging. The ECM will trim fuel based on the leanest cylinder and cause over-fueling on others. Can you post a log?

If you wish to bring the system in a bit earlier, just play with the "THRES" trimmer. C-CW to make it earlierI cannot tell how the system is configured, post a picture of the controller settings. Leave the restrictor out for the time being.

Your car is un-tuned and just added the meth?
The jets are 3 inches after the exit of the FMIC in the silicone elbow, then maybe another 5 inches after that for the second (0.5mm) jet and then another 10 in after that for the last last jet (0.4mm). I can try you to take a picture when I have the bottom protective panels off the car again. Am I still too close to the TB? Should I just use the first to jets and close off the one in the CP-E hard cold charge port and then remove the 0.7mm restrictor?

Sorry but what log would you need from AP? And how could I send you what you need?

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 857x371.

·
Vendor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #791
What is the run length from the IC to the throttle?

You can send it to richard at aquamist.co.uk. Log includes: 2 maps sensor, FRP sensor, RPM, FDC (ms). timing, the basically, the usual with the inclusion of FDC.

How did you install the system? tapped into the ECU or individual sensors?

·
Registered
69 Posts

You can send it to richard at aquamist.co.uk. Log includes: 2 maps sensor, FRP sensor, RPM, FDC (ms). timing, the basically, the usual with the inclusion of FDC.

Run length from IC to TB is approximately 35"
I installed the system per your V4 wiring diagram.
I will get the log information (under what conditions?) and send to you. Thanks for your support as always

·
Registered
69 Posts

Based on your previous definition on the wiring, I tapped into the sensors not the ECU

·
Registered
69 Posts

Sorry Richard but what is FDC? - not sure I see it in the Accessport

·
Vendor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #795
Much thanks for pointing me to the proper wiring locations. I was cringing at the idea of having to cut into the stock wiring, but these posi-taps are pretty amazing... first time I have ever seen them! I do not have the taps though, what size do I need (I am assuming sized for 20-22 AWG)? I have the Boomba spacer which has 8 places where you can inject, 2 per cylinder. From what I have read it appears people typically only inject into one position per cylinder. Why is this? And does it matter if it is the left side or right side of each (assuming it should be consistent)?
You can use EX-135R for everything. 18 gauge to 22-24 gauge
Click on the image to POSITAP site)

·
Registered
271 Posts
*** Lets identify the fuel injectors wire first... ***
(courtesy of a ST owner)

Locate the 12 wire connector in the engine bay, you will find 8 of them belongs to the fuel injectors. The other two are from the knock sensor. Refer this to the HFS4 wiring diagram in post #1.

*** Fuel rail pressure sensor and MAP sensor***
(courtesy of a ST owner)

*** Boost control valve for failsafe***
(courtesy of a ST owner)

@[email protected]
So I am noticing a couple of wiring inconsistencies... my fuel rail pressure sensor / MAP sensor does not have a white/voilet wire (I checked for it at the sensor and at the ECU and did not find one). Should I just tap into the blue wire instead? For the image of the fuel injector wiring, it appears you are tapping the red wire into green/blue and the green wire into yellow/blue; the wiring diagram shows the green wire tapping into the green/blue and the red wiring going to a 12V source. Should I follow the wiring diagram or follow the pictures?

Edit - I did some digging and the pictures you posted are from @42ryan24 - I believe his install was based off of HFS4 version 3, not version 3.1 like I am trying to install. The red and green wire pictured were from the "User" wire group and not from the ECU wire group. There are subtle differences between the two diagrams, such as the lack of a green wire coming from the ECU group on version 3.

I went to the source, the actual ECU, which really isn't all that hard to get to, and noticed that where your diagrams are showing locations of certain wires is different than mine (I have a 2015). I guess the question is, should I be looking for different wires than what your diagram shows (listed for a 2012 FoST)? This whole process has turned out to be miserable, about to scrap the whole thing and move on to something else...

·
Vendor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #797 (Edited)
If access/finding the ECU is not a problem, the following images will help you greatly:
(Splicing into the ECU produces a far neater solution as well as one grey harness does almost all the signals. Don't forget to modify the underside of the circuit board )

·
Registered
271 Posts
@[email protected] - much thanks for those diagrams. That made very easy work tapping into the ECU wires.

My red wire for the molex power plug was much too short to make it from the glove box to the ECU, so I need somewhere behind the glove box to hook into. Does anyone know a good spot for this (with pictures)? I also need to tap into the head lamp switch with the purple wire... does anyone know what wire to tap into for this? I assume I need to get to the driver's side behind the head light switch, but once again if I can tap into something behind the glove box that would be preferred.

·
Vendor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #799
@[email protected] - much thanks for those diagrams. That made very easy work tapping into the ECU wires.

My red wire for the molex power plug was much too short to make it from the glove box to the ECU, so I need somewhere behind the glove box to hook into. Does anyone know a good spot for this (with pictures)? I also need to tap into the head lamp switch with the purple wire... does anyone know what wire to tap into for this? I assume I need to get to the driver's side behind the head light switch, but once again if I can tap into something behind the glove box that would be preferred.
I believe you can wire the Molex's red and purple wire to the fuse box, a switched 12V and head lamp. I will come back to you on this.

·
Vendor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #800

I believe F36 is the correct tapping point for a 12v supply

781 - 800 of 836 Posts