Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the adjuster on the rear coilovers? What are the pros and, cons? By how much height would it drop without the adjuster?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Has anyone removed the adjuster on the rear coilovers? What are the pros and, cons? By how much height would it drop without the adjuster?
@EdgeAutosport.com did this to further lower the rear I believe. It's worth finding out if there are consequences relating to overcompression of the damper piston, before you go and do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Measure the thickness of the adjustor where the spring sits and the perch; it will lower the car by at least that much (perhaps a bit more if the spring sits lower than the adjustor does.) I've done it on my other car that was running k-sports but their shock body was also height adjustable in the rear.

You'll need to determine the full range of the shock vs the new height under full compression. Might be able to do that by removing the adjuster and then compressing the spring with a jack stand and see if the shock is bottoming out or not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bottoming out is one of the things i was worried about. You guys have any before and,after pics after removing the adjuster.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,530 Posts
@EdgeAutosport.com did this to further lower the rear I believe. It's worth finding out if there are consequences relating to overcompression of the damper piston, before you go and do this.

We haven't noticed any negative side effects on our car, other than maybe a little more noise over bumps and stuff. But then again, our car is also fully gutted in the rear so there is no hiding any noise...

·
Registered
217 Posts
We haven't noticed any negative side effects on our car, other than maybe a little more noise over bumps and stuff. But then again, our car is also fully gutted in the rear so there is no hiding any noise...
For the record my rear spring spacers are still under the springs, my car is 100% gutted in the rear aswell, and I still hear all kinds of noises from the suspension and BRAKES (typically rubber boot at top of springs rubbing if not lubed up). So... as far as noises go.. may not be the rear spring spacer as much as a result of the interior insulation removal. You. Hear. Everything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts