Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I've done a search and don't see a definitive answer. Also, many of the replies that contained pics, have had those pics removed. I was going to use the day off to remove the MBRP catback, and install my Mountune system. I'd like to use jackstands on the rear section, as I do not believe I'll need to lift the front. Where to jack from? If possible, I'd like to lift the whole rear at once. I was hoping no not use the pinch welds unless it's deemed the best location. Any assistance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i usually jack the entire rear end up off the subframe in between the two lower control arm mounts. as far as jack stands, I put mine under the rear lower control arms because i couldnt find any other place to put them. probably not the best idea, but it worked for me as i was very careful and made sure it was solid before i went under the car. good luck. also, i would highly suggest putting the front on jack stands too, otherwise the downpipe to catback connection will be a pain to get to.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I used a jack under the LCA, directly under the spring and it lifted both sides fairly quickly.

Ive heard and seen pictures of jack stand points in the mid section of the rear suspension.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Subframe, put Jack stands under pinch welds

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For my Mountune CB install, I used Rhino ramps up front n jackstands under pinch welds in rear. Worked great.
Do your jack stands have grooves built in for pinch welds? Or did you have to put anything on the stand to cushion/support the pinch weld? I'm worried that if I rest the weight on the jack stand cradle it'll bend the pinch weld.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately, my stands don't have the detent. What location did you jack from.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
You could always put a cloth over the top of the stands. I've never used stands with detent for pinch welds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Detent or not. Cloth or not. My jackstands were 12 to 16 inches from rear wheel opening where there is multiple layers of metal gathered, pinched, and or welded for your support. I put more effort into rolling up ramps than placing stands under car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Before I bought steedas jack rails (buy them) this was my favorite little chart.

stliftpoints.gif

Reactions: JOEFNB

·
Registered
802 Posts
You could always put a cloth over the top of the stands. I've never used stands with detent for pinch welds.

I always use a small square of old carpet. Works well.

Reactions: ST_Fan
1 - 13 of 13 Posts