Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking my car in on Monday to have the side door latch recall done. The service rep I spoke to said it was a 6 hour job.

To those that have had this done, is there anything/anywhere I should pay close attention to when I get the car back? I'm a bit nervous about the repair because I assume it involves removing the door panels and no telling what condition the trim pieces will be in once they are done.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I haven't had this done but I do assume they have to remove door panels. Door panel removal is actually quite simple and shouldn't leave any damage, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to just look around the edges of the panel before and after service to be sure they are no pry or tool marks and to make sure all panels are lined back up and snapped in place

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Did it yesterday, only thin I noticed was the double honk feature when you start car but take keys out has sped up. Not the normal "honk pause honk" it's a very quick "honk honk"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Did it yesterday, only thin I noticed was the double honk feature when you start car but take keys out has sped up. Not the normal "honk pause honk" it's a very quick "honk honk"
If only they would've totally removed that 'feature'... lol

Reactions: soonercane

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had it done at my local dealer last Friday. I dropped my 16 ST3 off at 08:30 and it was done by 10:30 so I don't think the update is too involved. Six hours labor sounds excessive.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had it done at my local dealer last Friday. I dropped my 16 ST3 off at 08:30 and it was done by 10:30 so I don't think the update is too involved. Six hours labor sounds excessive.
Depends on the dealer. It may not take 6 hours to do the work but may take that long to get it in and finished. For our dealer a drop off is considered dropped off for the day, ie you can pick up between 5-6. Even for minor work. Just helps the people actually waiting from sitting at the dealer for hours on end

·
Registered
988 Posts
I believe they take the latches off from the outside and don't remove the door panels.

·
Registered
302 Posts

Mine has always been a quick double honk. weird...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Taking mine in Saturday. How long is everyone waiting there for. Confirm door panels have to come off?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Taking mine in Saturday. How long is everyone waiting there for. Confirm door panels have to come off?
I would assume not very long , as my dealership actually had me sign something by mistake at a cost of $27.45 for the recall. My invoice that I actually was suppose to sign said N/C

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ok guys reading the bulletin on this currently. Labor time (what ford pays the tech) is 2.7 hours. Door panels do have to be removed. Claims 2012-2015 models only. I would be very weary of a 45 minute repair time. It would be difficult to do that much work in a matter of 45 minutes.... Unless I'm talking about a different recall than you guys

223396091.jpg
223396095.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,880 Posts
Ok guys reading the bulletin on this currently. Labor time (what ford pays the tech) is 2.7 hours. Door panels do have to be removed. Claims 2012-2015 models only. I would be very weary of a 45 minute repair time. It would be difficult to do that much work in a matter of 45 minutes.... Unless I'm talking about a different recall than you guys

View attachment 230793
View attachment 230801
They might be talking about the hatch release recall.

Sent from another garage.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I was gonna say if you're talking about the rear hatch recall where you can open it (as in push the button beside the fog light button) while moving under 4mph it's a computer update, no physical parts are touched.

If it's that one then it's a quick in and out process. I can't speak for the other one.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well. Got my car back today and Ford managed to rip my leather Recaro seat. I'll be getting a phone call tomorrow to see if they will cover the repairs. I'm not happy.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Well. Got my car back today and Ford managed to rip my leather Recaro seat. I'll be getting a phone call tomorrow to see if they will cover the repairs. I'm not happy.
Let me re word that:

To see if they will be hearing from ford corporate.

They had better fix things up, even if they stitch the rip up like new they had better be apologizing as they do it. Somebody is gonna have a grumpy boss tomorrow. No point in you being a **** about it either, but I would be very very firm. You call the shots here.

Reactions: Nionetics
1 - 20 of 36 Posts