Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently only have the boomba stage 2 (80 duro I believe?) rmm but am considering getting the other two. So for the people who have all three is it that much worse than just having the rmm? It's my daily and I don't mind some vibration but I don't want it to be insane and annoying on a day to day basis.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I currently only have the boomba stage 2 (80 duro I believe?) rmm but am considering getting the other two. So for the people who have all three is it that much worse than just having the rmm? It's my daily and I don't mind some vibration but I don't want it to be insane and annoying on a day to day basis.
I have the CPE stage 2 rmm (which is a million times better then the Cobb rmm) and the TTR passenger and driver side mounts. I do not find them to be overbearing. But this is all subjective.

Reactions: brian60

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
I have the CFM lower mount with the 4 supplied pins and both Turbo Tech upper mounts; there is a bit of vibration if the rpm's drop below 1000 when starting from a stop. Also, there is some vibration when slowing down (coasting) in gear from around 3000 rpm to 2500 rpm or so. I have no idea about the Boomba mounts, but would guess it is similar.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have the JBR solid rmm, jbr trans, and jbr passenger and vibrations are not even that bad. I would go with the whole setup. I always thought it was Funny that some people are willing to have huge subs in there car but complain about minor vibrations from mounts.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Yeah to the people on the forum who say that full mounts ruined the car for them I kinda have my skepticism about. The vibes are only noticeable if you actually think about it and feel for them, I haven't noticed it in my car in months and the other day I was like "does my car even do it?" and I put a bottle of water in the cup holder and I noticed the car does vibrate at idle a little and then I noticed I can feel it. It's literally hardly noticeable though and my passengers have never noticed. I only have the Boomba RMM, so no top mounts, but I know it wouldn't be THAT dramatic. And I've rode in 3 aftermarket mount STs and didn't notice.

·
Administrator
11,913 Posts
Mounts are not that bad at all, its when you do full mounts and a balance shaft delete that you can start mixing paint in your cup holders.

·
Registered
116 Posts
With full mounts the NVH in my car was ridiculous, really FAR away from just a little vibration at idle. It felt like the car is rattled into pieces while on WOT or deceleration with gear in. Especially at about 3200rpm there´s a kind of resonance effect, I read from somebody it´s coming from the 2-mass-clutch flywheel. At this rpm the vibs were really strong, you could see the car shaking from outside! I was not able to see anything in inside mirror, door mirrors also shaking. With my head on the head rest I would have lost some teeth. I really feared something will break after a while, or at least some connectors will give up and lose contact. Also the drone was really loud, I could not take anybody with me anymore.

I removed driver side, then it was acceptable but still very noticeable. Last weekend I made the balance shaft delete, after only one start I decided I have to take out passenger side too because the crazy NVH was back. With only RMM changed and the other two stock the car runs smooth like it did never before, almost not noticeable vibs at idle. My experience might be specific, I have no idea why (in fact I have, but that´s another subject). But what I can tell you: be prepared to change back to stock, NVH MIGHT be much worse than what you´re willing to accept, especially in a daily.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts