Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have gotten rid of the Explorer that I foolishly traded my ST on. I now have a 2017 Lincoln MKZ. It has the 2.0 ecoboost motor which is the same as the ST, but with auto and AWD. Question I have is can I use the performance parts for the ST on my MKZ. I would like to increase the performance some.

Tim

·
Registered
381 Posts
The MKZ is on the same chassis as a Fusion so you might have better luck with parts from that vehicle.

From a quick glance the air intake, exhaust, suspension, charge pipes, intercooler all are different. Cobb also doesn't seem to support any Fusion (And thus MKZ) since 2014. Who knows if they are working on that.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Now that I have gotten rid of the Explorer that I foolishly traded my ST on. I now have a 2017 Lincoln MKZ. It has the 2.0 ecoboost motor which is the same as the ST, but with auto and AWD. Question I have is can I use the performance parts for the ST on my MKZ. I would like to increase the performance some.

Tim
Your car has the upgraded 2.0 not the one in the Focus and Fusion. Best and for sure way to tell is the exhaust valve and turbo part#. The upgraded motors have a twin scroll and 30mm exhaust valves along with a 4 lobe exhaust cam like the 2.3. Gen 1 2.0 turbo part # is CJ5Z-6K682-F, exhaust valve part# AG9Z-6505-A. Second gen turbo part# F2GZ-6K682-A, exhaust valve Part# EJ7Z-6505-A. You can look them up here https://www.tascaparts.com/

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Your car has the upgraded 2.0 not the one in the Focus and Fusion. Best and for sure way to tell is the exhaust valve and turbo part#. The upgraded motors have a twin scroll and 30mm exhaust valves along with a 4 lobe exhaust cam like the 2.3. Gen 1 2.0 turbo part # is CJ5Z-6K682-F, exhaust valve part# AG9Z-6505-A. Second gen turbo part# F2GZ-6K682-A, exhaust valve Part# EJ7Z-6505-A. You can look them up here https://www.tascaparts.com/
well that doesn't even sound fair to us ST owners.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So nothing from the ST will work on my MKZ? That would suck.
Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts