Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Inexperienced car owner here and 2 year ST owner so I need some major help. I've currently got a leak in the rubber bend of the OEM piping on the driver's side of the intercooler. Problem is that the Dealer wants to charge me $170+ because it's a special rubber pipe and they dont get the rubber pipe by itself and only comes as a package with the rest of the charge pipe. Here are my questions.

1. Is it possible to get a replacement of just the rubber pipe?

2. If not, can I replace the piping with something aftermarket and not have to retune the car because of added air flow from an aftermaket piping system?

3. I'd like to do this replacement/install myself (whether just the rubber pipe or the full pipe system) can I do it? and what tools will I need?

Thanks.

·
Registered
206 Posts
1. Driver side should be the hotside, and has two rubber sections. One from the turbo outlet to a metal charge pipe, and another from the metal charge pipe to the intercooler inlet. Which part is leaking and is the hose just loose? Here's an OEM replacement section for the intercooler inlet I found: 2013 2014 FORD FOCUS ST DRIVER SIDE INTER COOLER TUBE PIPE OEM | eBay

2. You can replace with aftermarket without a needing to revise your tune.

3. Yes, you can do it yourself. All you'll need is some patience, a flat head screwdriver, some hairspray to help keep the pipes on, and a way to get under the car (ramps, jack & jack stands).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. Driver side should be the hotside, and has two rubber sections. One from the turbo outlet to a metal charge pipe, and another from the metal charge pipe to the intercooler inlet. Which part is leaking and is the hose just loose? Here's an OEM replacement section for the intercooler inlet I found: 2013 2014 FORD FOCUS ST DRIVER SIDE INTER COOLER TUBE PIPE OEM | eBay

2. You can replace with aftermarket without a needing to revise your tune.

3. Yes, you can do it yourself. All you'll need is some patience, a flat head screwdriver, some hairspray to help keep the pipes on, and a way to get under the car (ramps, jack & jack stands).
The leak is an actual gash in the rubber section that goes from the metal charge pipe into the intercooler inlet. Just looked at the part and I believe that is it. I may run with that replacement. Do you know the exact part number for it or how to find it? i may want to look alternatives just in case. also is $40 a good price for it? also inexperienced with eBay so I don't want to screw myself with a bad price or part.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Dealer will probably know the exact part number if you call. Like what was mentioned, post in the parts wanted section and you might find a better deal.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
The leak is an actual gash in the rubber section that goes from the metal charge pipe into the intercooler inlet. Just looked at the part and I believe that is it. I may run with that replacement. Do you know the exact part number for it or how to find it? i may want to look alternatives just in case. also is $40 a good price for it? also inexperienced with eBay so I don't want to screw myself with a bad price or part.

Thanks for the help.
Here's something. https://www.fordpartsquick.com/

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

·
Registered
5,878 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)