Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, I've got some concerns/questions i been wondering about, and I'm thinking it's just my first turbo car so i don't know what to expect- anyway,
I've got my 13 ST on Boomba blow off valve straight pipe with intake. on a cold start it blows off quite frequently but once it's warmed up the oil temperature has risen it very rarely wants to blow off, unless I give it basically wide open throttle or close to it. is this normal that it blows off frequently on when it's cold and once it's warmed up it doesn't? when driving normal and the motors warm it doesn't blow off, and i hear some turbo surge on shifting and throttle lifts- i assume that's normal since it's not blowing off its going back in the intake? idk. can any comments would be appreciated.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
However the title says on natural vacuum. So how is it hooked up?
boomba bov, routed to my symposer delete plate. just confused me till i realized it only blows off frequently/easily when it's cold, but when warm i basically have to make it blow off, cuz it won't just driving normal. confused cuz i thought something was going wrong- till i realized it's probably blowing off all the time cuz it's cold- high oil pressure, low oil temperature prob had something to do with it. my concern was the surge when it wouldn't blow off, I'm starting to think it's normal and won't hurt?

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts