Ford Focus ST Forum banner

pyle stereo up grade?

12K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  porkcereal 
#1 ·
has anyone seen the pyle touchscreen stereo upgrade? stumbled across it on amazon, no reviews or anything yet, I know pyle doesn't have the best track record but I have had good results with them in the past, I emailed them directly to see if it retained oem functions, steering wheels controls, back up camera ect, I have a 2016 st1, so this would be a nice upgrade for us st1 guys. It says its all plug in play. ill keep you guys updated as I hear back from pyle. Text Product Corded phone Font Technology

See less See more
#2 ·
has anyone seen the pyle touchscreen stereo upgrade? stumbled across it on amazon, no reviews or anything yet, I know pyle doesn't have the best track record but I have had good results with them in the past, I emailed them directly to see if it retained oem functions, steering wheels controls, back up camera ect, I have a 2016 st1, so this would be a nice upgrade for us st1 guys. It says its all plug in play. ill keep you guys updated as I hear back from pyle. View attachment 191233
You should link to the actual product in your post. Thanks for the info, though. Many will find this helpful.

#3 ·
I am having a hard time seeing this as a better solution than a dash kit and a decent head unit from a more reputable manufacturer. I assume a dash kit is available for the 2015/2016 refresh. I know one is available for earlier MK3 cars (as I have installed one on my brothers 2012). I read through the manual a little. It has support for back up camera, but needs you to wire it to power (reverse lights) and likely wire signal wire as well (meaning it is about as integrated as adding any aftermarket head unit). Definitely an interesting solution, just not sure I would personally go that route.

#5 ·
The problem is the interface and getting everything to work together, as far as dash kits and what not I haven't found one, Crutchfield usually has everything first, and they still don't offer one as of now, I'd much rather wire in a double din pioneer or something along those lines but the support just isn't there as of now.

#6 ·
as far as dash kits and what not I haven't found one.
They are available in the UK. Might be worth verifying that the interior updates match in the UK, but I assume they did since Connects2 makes both a 2015+ and a before 2015 version of the kit. https://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ProductItem/CT23FD64

The UK tends to get better aftermarket support for some Focus items (been true since I had my Mk1). I bought connects2 speaker adapters for my 2013 ST from a UK retailer with international shipping. Ebay.co.uk also has this kit (not sure if seller ships international or not).

#8 ·
Anything Pyle, is a pyle of crap! Pyle has been nothing but junk since 20+yrs ago! We're talking back in the days when Jensen, Sherwood, Pyle were all players in the car audio world back in the 80's onwards. Nothings changed with them. Low cost, bargain items; full of compromises.

Get a proper dash kit and a reputable brand radio. You'll have better quality and more reliability than Pyle.

#12 ·
has anyone seen the pyle touchscreen stereo upgrade? stumbled across it on amazon, no reviews or anything yet, I know pyle doesn't have the best track record but I have had good results with them in the past, I emailed them directly to see if it retained oem functions, steering wheels controls, back up camera ect, I have a 2016 st1, so this would be a nice upgrade for us st1 guys. It says its all plug in play. ill keep you guys updated as I hear back from pyle. View attachment 191233
It definitely is a tempting idea. This looks better than most of the dash kits out there. Plus it is about the only one I have seen that has followed Ford's removal of the lock/unlock button under the stereo. Will follow to see if you hear anything from them. Now only if it wasn't from a bargain brand....

#14 ·
It arrived today! The unit as a whole is much lighter in weight than I expected. It appears to have everything needed for a "plug n play" installation; even the CAN BUS module for steering wheel controls.

One big issue right off the bat: zero installation guides/instructions. The manual only covers post install operational stuff. Great. (I hit Pyle up for a guide... let's see what they have to say for themselves)

Was going to install tonight but this is looking like a weekend job requiring more than a couple of beers.

#15 ·
I bought the Pyle unit of ebay, it was a disaster, the rear view camera would not activate in reverse, the touch screen was not good, hands free calls via Bluetooth had lots of white noise, the GPS would not find satellites half of the time. Their customer service is pretty decent though they tried to help me, unfortunately their product is crap. I was lucky that the seller in ebay had a 30 days return policy, so I sent it back and got my money back.

#17 ·
Former car audio installer here. I can confirm that Pyle is just that...a pile of crap. As a running joke all the installers used to put the date on install in sharpie somewhere on the unit that went behind the dash so when we eventually pulled it later for crapping out we knew how long it lasted. Avg time was about a year. Full of faults, bad programming, crap interface, etc. In car audio...you get what you pay for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.