1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Vendor
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
** Updated 9/4 **

Aux Fuel/ Flex fuel/ pumaspeed X37

** Update 9/26 **

So essentially I've tested the pumaspeed x37 and found it to be a cool little turbo and I wanted to thank [email protected] for sponsoring me with this bad boy and letting me get some data on it. Sadly it's raining hard right now until Friday so the car will sit. I tested both a 35 and 50 shot pre turbo and I decided to run with the 35 shot since the compressor/exhaust turbines are being choked up top you'll notice the 50 shot only netted 9-10 more whp than the 35 shot which netted us around 55 whp and 70 whp (over the curve) vs. vs the e40 only map. This is because the chemical intercooling effect of nitrous is no longer resulting in more power so that extra power is coming strictly from the nitrous being combusted which was not my goal. I'll probably up the shot to 50 later down the road with a built motor and big turbo where I can take advantage of that extra 90->100 whp from the 50 shot.

Best numbers:

93: 338/353 SAE
run conditions: 80 degrees 34 % humidity

e40: 368/460 SAE
run conditions: 80 degrees 34 % humidity

e40 + 35 shot: 417/454 SAE
run conditions: 82 degrees 75 % humidity

e40 + 50 shot: 427/454 SAE
run conditions: 82 degrees 75 % humidity

93 vs. e40 vs. e40 + 50 shot

E40

E40 + 35 Shot

E40 + 50 Shot

Mods:
Over 200lbs of weight reduction (3030lbs w/nitrous bottle 3000lbs no bottle)
17x8 Sparco Trofeo wheels wrapped with NT555R drag radials
Stratified 2 port aux fuel
Pumaspeed x37 hybrid turbo (only one that I know of in the USA)
Depo Beast 5.5 intercooler / depo charge pipes.
Rev9 DP
MBRP exhaust converted to straight pipe with resonator
Nitrous Outlet x-series dry kit
Nitrous Outlet window switch
Cobb RMM
Cobb APV3 tuning software
Fuel-it ethanol sensor with android app

·
Registered
314 Posts
Serious question, why do you go through so many cars? And how much debt have you compounded doing so?

·
Vendor
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Serious question, why do you go through so many cars? And how much debt have you compounded doing so?
I have a good income, and no I have only owe 12k on my focus. For tuning I'm in between stratified and @JST Performance . I don't think adam @tune+ wants to tune my car cause he doesn't think im gonna keep it longer than 2 months lol.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
If I had good income I wouldn't be wasting my time with a fusion of a focus. But that's just me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have a good income, and no I have only owe 12k on my focus. For tuning I'm in between stratified and @JST Performance . I don't think adam @tune+ wants to tune my car cause he doesn't think im gonna keep it longer than 2 months lol.
JST FTW! Brian did a great job on my car. Very fast response time as well

·
Vendor
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I had good income I wouldn't be wasting my time with a fusion of a focus. But that's just me.

i've done all kinda shiz, i like to mix it up every now and then. made 810 on vp octanium + 93.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I can't keep up with you haha, so now you are back to a Focus ST?

Do you get very good deals on your trade ins or are you losing a ton of cash each time due to impulse?

With regard to stratified, I have been using them since day 1 and am currently working on a tune with my BT, but there can be a couple of weeks between revisions. I have been doing the tune now for 3 months and it's going great and wouldn't change a thing. If you are only going to hang on to the car for a month or so you probably won't get much value getting it tuned. The same principal applies with the X-37. If you realistically want to push to 400whp in the end putting on the X-37 and going through a custom tuning process will not add value if you have to pull it off and start again with a bigger turbo.

I am not trying to have a dig at you or anything I just struggle to see the logic/sense in your direction. I will give you massive credit for the entertainment factor as there is never a dull moment in your build threads with cars and parts flying everywhere.

·
Vendor
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I can't keep up with you haha, so now you are back to a Focus ST?

Do you get very good deals on your trade ins or are you losing a ton of cash each time due to impulse?

With regard to stratified, I have been using them since day 1 and am currently working on a tune with my BT, but there can be a couple of weeks between revisions. I have been doing the tune now for 3 months and it's going great and wouldn't change a thing. If you are only going to hang on to the car for a month or so you probably won't get much value getting it tuned. The same principal applies with the X-37. If you realistically want to push to 400whp in the end putting on the X-37 and going through a custom tuning process will not add value if you have to pull it off and start again with a bigger turbo.

I am not trying to have a dig at you or anything I just struggle to see the logic/sense in your direction. I will give you massive credit for the entertainment factor as there is never a dull moment in your build threads with cars and parts flying everywhere.
yeah @tmcphail spoils me with 2-3 revisions a day, I couldn't go weeks between revisions.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Oh also have you ever thought about doing an RS up? the 4wd would be good for the higher power levels and us normal income people can live vicariously through you haha.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I smell *sniff sniff sniff*

Parental income.

Reactions: jesse_sanders

·
Vendor
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh also have you ever thought about doing an RS up? the 4wd would be good for the higher power levels and us normal income people can live vicariously through you haha.
No, I don't want the semi open deck block or the RDU that car has. RS's have too many problems right now. The 2.0 shortblock closed deck is a tough motor.

I smell *sniff sniff sniff*

Parental income.
It would be nice to have someone pay for my builds. Wanna sponsor me?

·
Registered
463 Posts
It would be nice to have someone pay for my builds. Wanna sponsor me?
No thanks. Props to you if these build are all on your personal dime, but I have a daughter to sponsor through college in a decade and I'd like to be debt free before that time. I'll stick to my reasonably priced used ST3, my slow but steady progress toward making it what I want, without breaking the bank and throwing money in the wind like I've been seeing from the three build threads I've seen from you in my semi-short time here.

Not to critique too hard, but there are completed and amazing builds(https://www.instagram.com/briancrumb_/ for example) out there that seemingly spent a quite a bit less than you have on three partial builds. Do you have something against completing a project? There's medication for that...

Reactions: jesse_sanders

·
Vendor
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You actually chose a focus/fusion over a gt350?

That's a 5.0 wit a gt350 intake manifold and boost and yes. I'll build a 2018 eventually.

Anyways, off topic.

Depo shipped intercooler today, stratified aux fuel arrived today. Terry shipped MBRP catback, need to find a downpipe that's priced as well as depo (sold out) while looking like it has a fake cat (test pipe) and being t304.

·
Vendor
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Should be illegal for a car to look this good.

Oh and what is this monster?

Everything I need to put the car together is in my living room except a downpipe :) holding off on installing the turbo and aux and fbo until end of the month.

·
Vendor
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JBR mudflaps installed. functional, definitely not for show. my nt555r poke out the fenders and I got 2 rock chips on my door handle in first week so i stopped driving it until the mudflaps got here.

·
Vendor
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Things are coming together well. Targetting 9/18 for install and 9/19 for tune. I'm still working to find a 304 downpipe and hoping the depo one comes through. I'm not sure it'll be here in time and I may need to settle for rev9 ebay downpipe.

I'm also looking at dry 35 shot kits. I want to have a small shot delivered into the intake pipe pre turbo.

·
Registered
85 Posts
cool stuff man. look forward to the ST build. I am curious how the beast intercooler will fit up there. I am about to buy an IC and can't make up my mind yet. have fun with the car that's what matters

1 - 20 of 63 Posts