611 Posts

View attachment 396018

Mods:
  • Cobb air filter
  • Turbosmart BOV
  • Garrett intercooler
  • MBRP exhaust
  • Monster Tuned Adapt-X on 93 oct
Not sure how this fares compares to others, but at least I know where it stands.
Looks awesome! I'd love to see this with a catless or high-flow downpipe on here as well!

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
I debated on getting an aftermarket downpipe...but I really don't want a raspy loud exhaust. This MBRP is already noisy enough...
My catless honestly made very little difference in noise levels. I'm sure some folks around here could offer you high-flow options with minimal noise differences, too.

Reactions: rob99rt

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts

View attachment 396018

Mods:
  • Cobb air filter
  • Turbosmart BOV
  • Garrett intercooler
  • MBRP exhaust
Not sure how this fares compares to others, but at least I know where it stands.
OI!
Who TF are you???
Need pictures.......
Also need stickers.........
Dyno looks oddly familiar.....
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

I also have an MBRP exhaust. Catless adds much more turbo whistles and a slight bit more sound.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OI!
Who TF are you???
Need pictures.......
Also need stickers.........
Dyno looks oddly familiar.....
View attachment 396021

I also have an MBRP exhaust. Catless adds much more turbo whistles and a slight bit more sound.
Hey! Just a 434 semi-local glad to find a dyno. This shop and dealership was too notch, very nice stuff and staff!

In my mind larger downpipe = Honda river exhaust sound, I havent gotten to hear one in person.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,422 Posts
Hey! Just a 434 semi-local glad to find a dyno. This shop and dealership was too notch, very nice stuff and staff!

In my mind larger downpipe = Honda river exhaust sound, I havent gotten to hear one in person.
I'm running a 3" catted DP, resonator delete, and stock muffler. It honestly doesn't sound much different than the stock setup, has no drone, but seems to flow well.

Reactions: JOKR-ST

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts

Next time you head up to the burg, take a ride in mine. I'm pretty much the same setup as you except I'm running a catless pipe.

·
Vendor
663 Posts

View attachment 396018

Mods:
  • Cobb air filter
  • Turbosmart BOV
  • Garrett intercooler
  • MBRP exhaust
Numbers seem kinda low, was OAR at -1?

1:54 PM89 °F63 °F42 %NNE7 mph0 mph29.10 in0.0 inFair
2:54 PM90 °F62 °F39 %0 mph0 mph29.09 in0.0 inFair

Weather conditions for rustburg, VA, 90 degrees is around a 1.04 weather correction (255whp) since the dyno is using STD and not SAE. Even then you're down about 10whp from where I would expect the car to be.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Weather conditions for rustburg, VA, 90 degrees is around a 1.04 weather correction (255whp) since the dyno is using STD and not SAE. Even then you're down about 10whp from where I would expect the car to be.
Unfortunately I dodnt have that gauge up on my AP3, but I can look and see. I had 93 gas in my tank for a few days, and the Monster Tune running on it for about a week so I'd think learning was done.

I was hoping for a bit higher numbers as well in hp, but tq was decent.

·
Super Moderator
10,055 Posts
Unfortunately I dodnt have that gauge up on my AP3, but I can look and see. I had 93 gas in my tank for a few days, and the Monster Tune running on it for about a week so I'd think learning was done.

I was hoping for a bit higher numbers as well in hp, but tq was decent.
You need to monitor OAR; if you have just been driving around normally it may not have learned to -1.

Reactions: phyber

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is that a per tank fill up adjustment for OAR that the ecu makes, or per tune installation?

·
Super Moderator
10,055 Posts
Is that a per tank fill up adjustment for OAR that the ecu makes, or per tune installation?
It's continuous. If your fuel quality goes down the OAR will move down toward 0. An OAR of -1 is the best fuel and will allow for more timing and boost.

Reactions: ST1Dale

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
367 Posts
It's continuous. If your fuel quality goes down the OAR will move down toward 0. An OAR of -1 is the best fuel and will allow for more timing and boost.
OAR doesn’t matter much on a stage 0 tune I’m assuming? I’ve monitored it a few times, just never really understood it. It always stayed at 0 and then I read and seen people having ways to get it to -1 just never fully got it. Even giving it slight throttle in 5th to get the ign. Corrections positive or so. I’m not sure. Always was curious about the OAR when people talk about it but for people w actual tunes that does make sense.

·
Vendor
663 Posts
OAR doesn’t matter much on a stage 0 tune I’m assuming? I’ve monitored it a few times, just never really understood it. It always stayed at 0 and then I read and seen people having ways to get it to -1 just never fully got it. Even giving it slight throttle in 5th to get the ign. Corrections positive or so. I’m not sure. Always was curious about the OAR when people talk about it but for people w actual tunes that does make sense.
OAR absolutely matters on stage 0 (oem tune), ford just did a horrible job at learning optimization. I tried to make it better but there's only so much I can do with out an engine dyno in a controlled environment like ford engineers have access to.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
As far as the exhaust sounds go, you can listen to the exhaust videos on my build thread. I'll link them below. There's even a video of me running down the drag strip. You can hardly hear the car until I'm right up on the camera. My exhaust was custom made by a local shop, but it's based on the MBRP exhaust.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

First thing this morning I added the OAR gauge and I was sitting at -1.00. I had hoped to datalog the pulls, just in case you or the community would be able to look and double check the numbers, but the shop wanted their computer in the OBD port.

·
Registered
44 Posts
How’s the tune treating you in terms of reliability? I have strat but I’m sick of always putting in e85 to have it perform with minimal knocks. And it seems like the revisions don’t always solve that problem, considering I’ve done it with stratified. Just looking for stress free tune that won’t hurt my car.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts