Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No codes thrown, but stalling after refueling and slightly deformed fuel tank. Its very minor. Dr. Google says its the purge valve. I picked it up and from what ive read its by the fuel tank. I can visibly see the vapor canister behind the fuel tank, but I cant see the valve that I need to replace. I don't see it in the engine bay either. Could anyone help me out? Preferrably with pictures, diagrams, or videos? Any input is helpful though. Thanks in advance.

Ive searched and searched but cant find any how toos .

By the way, the car is a first round 2013 ST.

This is the part I picked up.
Duralast Canister Purge Valve PV510 - Read Reviews on Duralast #PV510

Reactions: itsjustdibella

·
Administrator
11,874 Posts
No codes thrown, but stalling after refueling and slightly deformed fuel tank. Its very minor. Dr. Google says its the purge valve. I picked it up and from what ive read its by the fuel tank. I can visibly see the vapor canister behind the fuel tank, but I cant see the valve that I need to replace. I don't see it in the engine bay either. Could anyone help me out? Preferrably with pictures, diagrams, or videos? Any input is helpful though. Thanks in advance.

Ive searched and searched but cant find any how toos .

By the way, the car is a first round 2013 ST.

This is the part I picked up.
Duralast Canister Purge Valve PV510 - Read Reviews on Duralast #PV510

Ok, this problem has occured before. My boy MiSTify dealt with it. iirc its behind the motor passenger side. Super simple to replace once you find it, lol. Not sure if you need any line tools for it, i do not think you do.

When i get out of work i will see if i can get you some pics.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Any help is appreciated.

·
Administrator
11,874 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I very much appreciate it. I would dig in but it's the only car I have between my wife and I atm besides my old truck. So how don't have time to experiment.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you are on the ST Driver page on fb you should search P0456. I made a video on this and repairs. I would link it but i cant fig out how haha. I will prob post it to youtube too but its a simple fix. if you cant get to PM me and i will fig out how to get it to you.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts