Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I'm just curious if you think this is a reasonable price for a used 2013 ST. I'm in Calgary, Canada.

White 2013 Focus ST
90,000kms
$18,000

Cobb cold air intake
Cobb RMM
H&R Coilovers
Cobb Assesport
Stage 1 tuned
hardwired dashcam
drone remote car starter
Comes with aftermarket summer wheels.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Thats not bad. I just recently looked at a '13 with around the same mileage, maybe a few km's less. For 18k+taxes. And was boonnne stock!
Is the $18k the negoted price? Or is there room to improve and get it for less yet??

Is it CPO? Or private sale? Any extended warrenty? Service records?

For $18k it sounds like a solid deal.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats not bad. I just recently looked at a '13 with around the same mileage, maybe a few km's less. For 18k+taxes. And was boonnne stock!
Is the $18k the negoted price? Or is there room to improve and get it for less yet??

Is it CPO? Or private sale? Any extended warrenty? Service records?

For $18k it sounds like a solid deal.
That's the asking price..but I having the windshield replaced prior to purchase as a negotiation.
It's a private sale and still warranty till 2018 or 100,000K on the powertrain.
I'm going to take it the the shop with the owner where he's had service done and have a pre-purchase inspection done, hopefully this week.

Reactions: jam360nml

·
Registered
311 Posts
Get a leakdown test done before buying and throw some new spark plugs in it to be safe.

I would try and talk them down on price a bit, not that it is a bad price, but every time I have had a modified car, the dealer offered me less and said it was because of the modifications. I bet you could get it for $16k with those mods.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Is that Canadian or USD? I'd definitely try and work them down a little on the price. My 2014 in flawless condition with 15,500 miles and 1,600 in aftermarket (aftermarket should NOT affect the price technically) with the fully loaded ST3 package was only 21k USD after I negotiated them down 2,500. This was a dealer too...so you should be able to get them down some unless you're referring to Canadian currency which I guess would be the equivalent to what, 13.5k? Then that's not bad.

Edit: Oh and what package? Not sure if the Canadian models are different but that would make a difference.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Is that Canadian or USD? I'd definitely try and work them down a little on the price. My 2014 in flawless condition with 15,500 miles and 1,600 in aftermarket (aftermarket should NOT affect the price technically) with the fully loaded ST3 package was only 21k USD after I negotiated them down 2,500. This was a dealer too...so you should be able to get them down some unless you're referring to Canadian currency which I guess would be the equivalent to what, 13.5k? Then that's not bad.

Edit: Oh and what package? Not sure if the Canadian models are different but that would make a difference.
Aftermarket parts scare potential buyers off because it adds a level of unknown. So dealers do not give you as much on a trade in because it will limit the customer who could buy it. You see the odd 60 year old lady driving an ST, but you won't see a 60 year old lady driving one with a turboback exhaust and tuned to the gills.

In Canada, we only get the ST3.

If you paid $21,000USD, that would be roughly $26,000CDN. Our dollar is about 0.75 to your dollar.

Reactions: Straightline

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Aftermarket parts scare potential buyers off because it adds a level of unknown. So dealers do not give you as much on a trade in because it will limit the customer who could buy it. You see the odd 60 year old lady driving an ST, but you won't see a 60 year old lady driving one with a turboback exhaust and tuned to the gills.

In Canada, we only get the ST3.

If you paid $21,000USD, that would be roughly $26,000CDN. Our dollar is about 0.75 to your dollar.
Yeah when I referred to mods affecting the price I should have specified what I meant. I meant mods shouldn't make the car more expensive if not less expensive. So if BlueHaloGirl here is buying this off of someone who thinks he should get an extra X amount of money for his mods he's very wrong and she should negotiate against that. Even if she wants the mods like I did :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yeah when I referred to mods affecting the price I should have specified what I meant. I meant mods shouldn't make the car more expensive if not less expensive. So if BlueHaloGirl here is buying this off of someone who thinks he should get an extra X amount of money for his mods he's very wrong and she should negotiate against that. Even if she wants the mods like I did :D
OP, to feed off of this, you could always buy the car with the mods and haggle down in price, and then sell off the parts for extra money!

Or just be happy with the mods and go from there.

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
154 Posts
I got my 2014 ST1 with 29k on it for $16,400 bone stock from a Ford dealership, 7 yr/100k warranty on powertrain

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I got my 2014 ST1 with 29k on it for $16,400 bone stock from a Ford dealership, 7 yr/100k warranty on powertrain
But is that in USD or CAD, it is a major difference. Plus in Canada we are taxed more so again prices are not easy to compare.

My thoughts for OP are. I currently own a 2015 ST3 with 20000Km, I paid $34000 CAD for the car (but $36~ out the door) at 50km. Reality is if I sold I would expect between $20-25000 CAD (depending trade in or private sale) despite the car being in brand new condition and well maintained. Thats just my conservative thoughts for relativity. I also bought this car in Alberta Canada.

·
Registered
154 Posts
But is that in USD or CAD, it is a major difference. Plus in Canada we are taxed more so again prices are not easy to compare.

My thoughts for OP are. I currently own a 2015 ST3 with 20000Km, I paid $34000 CAD for the car (but $36~ out the door) at 50km. Reality is if I sold I would expect between $20-25000 CAD (depending trade in or private sale) despite the car being in brand new condition and well maintained. Thats just my conservative thoughts for relativity. I also bought this car in Alberta Canada.
Mine is USD... I stand corrected, that is a good deal

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Mine is USD... I stand corrected, that is a good deal
Agreed

Edit: Which is why I would check it out EXTENSIVELY for damage to the clutch, transmission, engine, suspension, etc

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

This is Canadian price and it's an ST3 package. I love the mods and it's one of the reasons I'm looking seriously at this one instead of a used one from a dealer. I also know the guy who's selling it and known him for the entire time he's owned the car. He's done work on my current car. I will be taking it for an inspection for sure just to ensure I have no surprises down the road.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
This is Canadian price and it's an ST3 package. I love the mods and it's one of the reasons I'm looking seriously at this one instead of a used one from a dealer. I also know the guy who's selling it and known him for the entire time he's owned the car. He's done work on my current car. I will be taking it for an inspection for sure just to ensure I have no surprises down the road.
Excellent. Provided a detailed inspection checks out it sounds like a great deal!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Had the inspection done and everything checks out!!! It's getting a new battery installed today and I'm going to take if for another drive and then that should lead to the final hand shake!!! I'm so freaking excited!!! Can't wait to get this in my garage.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Had the inspection done and everything checks out!!! It's getting a new battery installed today and I'm going to take if for another drive and then that should lead to the final hand shake!!! I'm so freaking excited!!! Can't wait to get this in my garage.
Awesome! Still waiting for pics of it. I'll formally welcome you to the family once we see those and it's yours haha.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Awesome! Still waiting for pics of it. I'll formally welcome you to the family once we see those and it's yours haha.
I will post up pics as soon as it's in my garage!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here she is as promised!!! Land vehicle Vehicle Rim Car Wheel

Reactions: Blackula

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Here she is as promised!!! View attachment 193161
Awesome!! Looks like it's lowered unless that's just the angle of it, but the headlights, tint (I assume that's tint and not the angle), black roof, black emblem, and the black looking tail lights looks GREAT on that white.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts