Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Vendor
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta say this little turbo is gnarly. I make around 340whp/360wtq on 93 and 370 whp/450wtq on e45. My boost comes on as fast as stock and the car rips. With a 35 shot around town I'm putting down 420->430 whp depending on the weather.

With 90 degree temps and e45 I see about 36lbs/min of air mass
With 65 degree temps (texas cold front at night) I was seeing 37->38 lbs/min of air mass
With 65 degree temps (texas cold front at night) and 35 shot at 4100 rpm I was seeing 40->42 lbs/min of air mass

So far I'ved raced a JST tuned 93 gtx2867r focus on 93 who was around 370 whp and I put about half a car on him (no spray) and this is the same car that walked a fbo e30 focus rs. I'm also able to pull 5.0's turbo only. While my spray runs have been just me data logging on ramps 3->4 FFS trying to get fueling good, the car pulls wicked hard for a focus and I'll be running it a roll race event tomorrow here.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Focus ST variant of the X37? If so nicely done I’ve never seen actual results posted from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Focus ST variant of the X37? If so nicely done I’ve never seen actual results posted from it.

I had a whole build thread with dyno numbers.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I’m going through it now. I sold my ST for a GT500, but man I miss it. I’ll probably pick one up in a couple of years used and slap a X37 on it. All I wanted was 330whp and that turbo does it for a stellar price.

I’m glad I have guys like you around that go above and beyond for the platform.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Looking forward to the roll racing results. Can you get some video (some one to take one for you). This turbo seems better than I thought.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Glad your enjoying X37. Are you running Pumaspeed own MAXD tune or some other custom tune for your 93 fuel?

·
Vendor
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I read your thread and saw the dyno #'s. Why were the gear ratios different between your old and new graphs?
really wish people would stop hassling me about that. no. that number means nothing, has nothing to do with the car and it changes depending on how how you rev the car on the dyno.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
What is e45?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
e30 is the best mixture for us stock turbo guys, it's 3 gallons of e85 and the rest is all 93 octane.

e45 is probably like 4.5 gallons of e85 and the rest 93 octane. Which is probably a lot nicer with a bigger turbo.

·
Registered
198 Posts
e30 is the best mixture for us stock turbo guys, it's 3 gallons of e85 and the rest is all 93 octane.

e45 is probably like 4.5 gallons of e85 and the rest 93 octane. Which is probably a lot nicer with a bigger turbo.
I'm sorry but like that what Sunoco sells? Racing fuel?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts

e85 is just high ethanol fuel. It's sometimes called flex fuel. It's also cheap. Like its 1.80 a gallon here.

The pump handle is mostly yellow at a lot of places

·
Super Moderator
9,546 Posts

e85 is an alcohol gasoline blend available at some gas stations some places; it is 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline ideally, but it varies a bit.

·
Vendor
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
we tried this 20 roll thing at the track but it was awful. they were supposed to do 40 rolls for roll racing night tonight like before and they messed it up and everyone was pissed. 2nd gear is painful in the ST and with the x37 i just wanna roll from 3rd at 40 so i can hold my spray in 3rd and 4th. I trapped 117 mph and my friends 750 whp 2016 mustang trapped 129 and my friends 2016 paxton 2200 630 rwhp stang trapped 120. Also my friend with 2015 sti pt6062 turbo and big motor trapped 119. These traps can't really be compared to other tracks cause we were not digging, but the focus did great and pulls hard, I just want to be able to start at 40 in 3rd and FFS until 4th . I dragged a bmw 335is bad video coming soon.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
we tried this 20 roll thing at the track but it was awful. they were supposed to do 40 rolls for roll racing night tonight like before and they messed it up and everyone was pissed. 2nd gear is painful in the ST and with the x37 i just wanna roll from 3rd at 40 so i can hold my spray in 3rd and 4th. I trapped 117 mph and my friends 750 whp 2016 mustang trapped 129 and my friends 2016 paxton 2200 630 rwhp stang trapped 120. Also my friend with 2015 sti pt6062 turbo and big motor trapped 119. These traps can't really be compared to other tracks cause we were not digging, but the focus did great and pulls hard, I just want to be able to start at 40 in 3rd and FFS until 4th . I dragged a bmw 335is bad video coming soon.
Street Car Takeover starts at 30 mph. You can use the spray in lower gears and still control traction just experiment with your RPM in point.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I gotta say this little turbo is gnarly. I make around 340whp/360wtq on 93 and 370 whp/450wtq on e45. My boost comes on as fast as stock and the car rips. With a 35 shot around town I'm putting down 420->430 whp depending on the weather.

With 90 degree temps and e45 I see about 36lbs/min of air mass
With 65 degree temps (texas cold front at night) I was seeing 37->38 lbs/min of air mass
With 65 degree temps (texas cold front at night) and 35 shot at 4100 rpm I was seeing 40->42 lbs/min of air mass

So far I'ved raced a JST tuned 93 gtx2867r focus on 93 who was around 370 whp and I put about half a car on him (no spray) and this is the same car that walked a fbo e30 focus rs. I'm also able to pull 5.0's turbo only. While my spray runs have been just me data logging on ramps 3->4 FFS trying to get fueling good, the car pulls wicked hard for a focus and I'll be running it a roll race event tomorrow here.
Any vdyno charts you could show us? Curious how it looks vs my gtx2863 running 4 port and e50.

·
Registered
344 Posts
e85 is just high ethanol fuel. It's sometimes called flex fuel. It's also cheap. Like its 1.80 a gallon here.

The pump handle is mostly yellow at a lot of places
Ethanol is good stuff and it's basically like race gas for a fraction of the price.

Just FYI E85 is not called flex fuel. Flex fuel is where a vehicle is tuned for both ethanol and pump gas, hence the name flex (flexible) fuel. The fuel line will have an alcohol content analyzer and adjust timing and boost according to the ethanol content (and knock sensors obviously).

1 - 20 of 53 Posts