Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way to an ST meet yesterday, I was caught up in a little spirited driving...When I started braking, I could definitely feel good contact initially, but then I had to press harder to keep the same feel. The brakes definitely started to fade or something because they were pulsing hard after that whenever I tried to brake above ~ 80mph.

Is this a sign that I need to change pads/rotors? Or are the OEM brakes just not able to brake hard above 100mph lol

·
Registered
517 Posts
The front brakes are actually not bad on these cars... theyre the brakes directly from a ford escape.. but the rears SUCK. My pads are good all the way around still over 50% and I just hit 31k miles.. but for quite some time now at high speed hard(er) braking, you can feel a pulse in the rear brakes.. i'm sure its the rotors.. My buddy is a sr master tech here at my store(ford store) and he says all the time how bad the rear brakes on just about every new ford made right now.. esp the escape, fusion and focus. The brakes on this car on the front are plenty for this car in stock or even lightly modified ways.. but the rears suck in general. Get some stop tech rear rotors and you'll be much better off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts