Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Turbosmart Kompact Shortie Dual Port BOV and Stage 1 Cobb OTS tune on my '17 Focus ST. When I'm just trying to cruise around 60-75 mph and/or my boost pressure is sitting around -3 to 3 psi, my BOV pulsates. It's incredibly annoying. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, what did you do to fix it?

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Are you still connected to the factory solenoid? If so connected to a natural vacuum source such as a symposer delete or map tap. also my dual port is adjustable so may need the spring tension tightened up a little bit. but connected to a national vacuum store some running mine at the lowest setting so the cap just covers the o-ring.

·
Registered
198 Posts
We've all h
I have a Turbosmart Kompact Shortie Dual Port BOV and Stage 1 Cobb OTS tune on my '17 Focus ST. When I'm just trying to cruise around 60-75 mph and/or my boost pressure is sitting around -3 to 3 psi, my BOV pulsates. It's incredibly annoying. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, what did you do to fix it?
This will happen to anyone using an OTS tune with an aftermarket BOV that doesn't have a true vacuum. It doesn't hurt the car in any way, it's just annoying, and even more annoying that COBB hasn't figured out how to solve and update the tune. You'll need to connect the BOV to a true vacuum source, ie the symposer delete, and it will go away. Below is the link to that post. Super easy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For anyone in the future wanting to know if this fix works, yes it does! I also found a video that might help as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts