Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a whopping 2 months of having my 2017 ST, I just ordered up a Garret GTX2867R and AEM v2 meth kit. I've done the supporting mods, intercooler, full 3" exhaust etc. Anything else I should know? I'm having my shop do it as they are certified Cobb pro tuners.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I had 4K miles when I did mine. I'm at 8k miles not and only had the car for 13 months lol it all really depends on who your tuner will be.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well if you bought the turbo through a tuner you will get a free tune

2015 Focus st2 MM
Stage 3+ suspension and aesthetics.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Well after a whopping 2 months of having my 2017 ST, I just ordered up a Garret GTX2867R and AEM v2 meth kit. I've done the supporting mods, intercooler, full 3" exhaust etc. Anything else I should know? I'm having my shop do it as they are certified Cobb pro tuners.
Yah, replace all your motor mounts. :cool2:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Your shop will probably do it on the dyno so $500 is actually pretty decent. If you bought your turbo from a vendor that tunes as well odds are they supply e-tunes with the turbo kit. E.g. Stratified, freektune, Panda, etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your shop will probably do it on the dyno so $500 is actually pretty decent. If you bought your turbo from a vendor that tunes as well odds are they supply e-tunes with the turbo kit. E.g. Stratified, freektune, Panda, etc.
Ah ok. Yes it's a full dyno tune

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ah ok. Yes it's a full dyno tune
Yer can't really compare the two (with respect to $). The e-tunes work by sending datalogs taken on the street (or track) to a tuner who analyses them and revises your tune(s) until they are happy that the tune is running well. This can take anywhere from several weeks to several months of forward and back.

The dyno tunes usually take 5-8 hours on the dyno and they adjust the tables in your car for everything from low speeds and rpms to WOT runs to redline.

The e-tunes are great and these optimisations have been done by the tuner on a different car and they (the tuners) are more focussed on your WOT runs. If stratified lived near me I would have gotten a dyno tune, but they don't so I am doing an e-tune with them. Great vendor who know their stuff for this platform.

·
Registered
484 Posts
You won't be disappointed. Swapped mine at 29k, sitting at 56k now, and love my car! I would recommend a rear motor mount, to enhance traction and eliminate wheel hop. You may want to consider a Guardian Angel (stratified product) or something similar to prevent uncontrolled overboost, especially if you're going to run WMI. Something happens to a vacuum line and 1 pull could blow that stock motor. my .02

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_94&products_id=217

Enjoy man!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol Good point

Serious question though, kit is in, everything is buttoned up tight.

The car is only producing 23-23.5 PSI of boost under full throttle. I spoke with Strat they said the turbo is optimized between 23-24 PSI. Is this a normal boost level for the GTX2867R? Just want to make sure before we start optimizing the tune for that boost level.

·
Registered
484 Posts
lol Good point

The car is only producing 23-23.5 PSI of boost under full throttle. I spoke with Strat they said the turbo is optimized between 23-24 PSI. Is this a normal boost level for the GTX2867R? Just want to make sure before we start optimizing the tune for that boost level.
If you're on pump gas yes. Only way to up the boost is wmi, aux fuel, e30, 40, 50 etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
Keep us posted. I'm in the same boat, bought mine on Tuesday (09/26) already have the AP, waiting on Stratified to send me my tune. Over the next month I'm going to get all the other typical mods to support a big turbo then pull the trigger on it. You running the stock fuel system?

·
Registered
216 Posts
lol Good point

Did you do the install? If so about how long did it take and is it a one man job?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well after a bunch of head scratching the car is 98% there. It's putting 370HP to the tire and my shop Evo thinks there is a bit more to be tuned. Very happy with the build.

I did not do the install myself, I'm more than comfortable doing 90% of the work myself but past expierenxw has taught me certain things should be started and finished by people who do it for a living.

I'm running the stock system on water meth

Anyone with an ST in Vancouver area should definitely check out Evolution Performance, their sh!t is wired tight.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Well after a bunch of head scratching the car is 98% there. It's putting 370HP to the tire and my shop Evo thinks there is a bit more to be tuned. Very happy with the build.

I did not do the install myself, I'm more than comfortable doing 90% of the work myself but past expierenxw has taught me certain things should be started and finished by people who do it for a living.

I'm running the stock system on water meth

Anyone with an ST in Vancouver area should definitely check out Evolution Performance, their sh!t is wired tight.
I agree with what you said, if you know 90-95% of the job...it's still something that could ruin your car if done wrong so let the pros do it. Then if it is done wrong you can go after them about it instead of being stuck lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts