Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I finally picked up a Focus ST after years of window shopping.

I went to the dealer to have a look, and try out the driver's seat. Well, those guys made me a deal that I couldn't walk away from, so here I am.

The car was still parked in the back lot, and still packaged for delivery. I actually test drove the car in "transport mode".

I need to bring it in for the detail, but it sure beats the Fiesta I traded in. As much as I'm gonna miss that little car, this one is plenty fun enough to make it easy to forget.

new focus.jpg

·
Registered
77 Posts
Don't let the Ford dealership "detail" your paint. Either have a on-site or a come-to-you detailer perform this service. You will end up with swirls and scratched paint. I picked up my 2016 focus with express instructions not to wash the car

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't let the Ford dealership "detail" your paint. Either have a on-site or a come-to-you detailer perform this service. You will end up with swirls and scratched paint. I picked up my 2016 focus with express instructions not to wash the car

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What he said. I bought mine new after driving by it for several months at my local dealer. It was obvious that their lot guy or whoever has washed it many times during it's time on the lot. Of course mine being black the swirls were very noticeable. But I'm not a stranger to auto detailing, so I did a full paint correction when I got it home. And welcome to the fourm.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts