Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning a 2013 FRS for almost 4 years I sold the car because me and my wife were expecting our first child. Drove a 1999 Alero 4door V6 for 1 year as a way to save money. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago, I spotted a mint 2016 ST2 on a dealers lot with only a little over 4,000 miles on the ODO via auto trader. I contacted them and got a price that was to hard to pass up. IMO the ST2 base package with the upgraded wheels offers the best vaule. Anyways out the door with TTL was just above 22K. With a dog and 1 kid the car fits our life style well and complements my wife's Honda Fit. Going to leave it stock and enjoy the car for a while but I have the following mods planned overtime as funds allow. Looking forward to being apart of the ST community.

Access Port w/ full tune
FMIC Upgrade
Cat Back Exhaust
Catted DP(on the fence with this one)
Brake Pads and better Fluid with Steel Lines

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Welcome!

I just bought 4/5th's of what you have listed just this weekend. I didn't go for brake pads, but I did go for the Mountune upgraded bypass valve. I wanted a catted DP and went with the Mountune DP/cat back combo (I didn't want a BOV or a loud exhaust).

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Congrats on the growing family and awesome new ride! It's also refreshing to see someone be realistic about modding. Many I have seen (myself included) pretend we are going to stay stock forever, then within a month start down the rabbit hole.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. Modding will be taken slow. I learned alot from owning and modding my 2013 FRS. I agree. OW shows the lines very well and just looks super clean on the car. Our baby girl is 3 months and she is such a joy in our lives. The ST is a close second :p

Will need to do my homework on tuners and parts. I always want the best and most reliable. Also I only go for whats the best bang for your buck :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice choice on the color :)
Happy to see another SoCal OW on the road!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts