Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, been lurking the forums reading up on the ST. I'm coming from a 15 accord sport so I'm upside down since I've only been in the car for 20 months. I just want something more exciting. I test drove an ST recently and like the boost haha and driving a manual again. I'm hoping to get the private offer coupon from ford and another 500 out of my trade before I pull the trigger.

I commute 100 miles a day, 99% highway so going to a smaller gas tank, small increase in gas bill, and a smaller car are all trade offs I'm willing to make.

My wife said it looks like a teenagers car and it's a "step down" lol from the accord but this will be my car as she has a van to shuttle the kids around. I convinced her it's plenty safe

·
Registered
395 Posts
Welcome, I would say pull the trigger on the ST.
You should be able to get 30-33mpg depending on how you drive, so it really isn't bad.

They are very safe cars, go find the "RIP Ecobeast" thread. He rolled it and walked away.

I think they look far better than the accord and with the facelift they look better/more aggressive.

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hi guys, been lurking the forums reading up on the ST. I'm coming from a 15 accord sport so I'm upside down since I've only been in the car for 20 months. I just want something more exciting. I test drove an ST recently and like the boost haha and driving a manual again. I'm hoping to get the private offer coupon from ford and another 500 out of my trade before I pull the trigger.

I commute 100 miles a day, 99% highway so going to a smaller gas tank, small increase in gas bill, and a smaller car are all trade offs I'm willing to make.

My wife said it looks like a teenagers car and it's a "step down" lol from the accord but this will be my car as she has a van to shuttle the kids around. I convinced her it's plenty safe
Tell that to all the 40+ guys on here. Matter of fact, I think the majority on here are 30+ years old.

As far as being a "step down", other than it being a bit smaller I think the ST3 is an upgrade.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You should be able to get 30-33mpg depending on how you drive, so it really isn't bad.
Maybe my engine is still breaking in, but I get 22 MPG :(
2,300 miles on it

Tell that to all the 40+ guys on here. Matter of fact, I think the majority on here are 30+ years old.
Yeah, I am 30 and I think this car is perfect for that age range. The girlfriend agrees as well. I looked at Accord Sports but they were just too slow....nice looking cars tho!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Maybe my engine is still breaking in, but I get 22 MPG :(
2,300 miles on it
He said his driving was 99% highway, so thats what I'm basing it off of. I manage ~26-28 mixed driving.

Im 23 and it feels like a sensible decision. A 4 door car for potentially hauling kids around, good gas mileage, warranty, and it is a fun car that isn't that expensive.

So you can save and buy a race car later

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My wife said I can get whatever car I want. I like the look of the ST and I did show her the thread of the rip ST. I can live with being 3k upside down just not 4k on a perfectly working car.

With 99% highway at 70-75 I'm hoping for 29/30 mpg if I stay out of the boost most of the time.

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
My wife said I can get whatever car I want. I like the look of the ST and I did show her the thread of the rip ST. I can live with being 3k upside down just not 4k on a perfectly working car.

With 99% highway at 70-75 I'm hoping for 29/30 mpg if I stay out of the boost most of the time.
I usually hit ~31 at 75mph. My ST3 has been fantastic on long trips. If you've got the right frame for the Recaros, they're quite comfy even for hours at a time. Sync 3 is pretty solid for infotainment and easy to use. As far as safety goes, I believe they got 5 stars in nearly every category.

Only downside is the tiny fuel tank. You're looking at a max range of a little over 350 miles on the highway, but at the same time it's pretty cheap to fill up because of the small tank.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Ermagerd. You guys must be driving legal speeds. I can't get over 27 on the road but it cruises very nicely at what used to be legal speeds in Texas (I don't want to put it out there on the interwebs how fast I am really driving). I get 21-24 around town and 27 at best when driving from NC to FL and back.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Stay off the boost?
I bet you won't!
I'm 63 and I cannot take a lonely turn or Entrance ramp without getting into the boost - That and a foolish grin on my face!

Get it and enjoy

·
Registered
558 Posts
Stay off the boost?
I bet you won't!
I'm 63 and I cannot take a lonely turn or Entrance ramp without getting into the boost - That and a foolish grin on my face!

Get it and enjoy
Lol! I can't even stay off boost with my winter tires. And I am 43. Hehehehe

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Stay off the boost?
I bet you won't!

Get it and enjoy
I'm 64 and loving it. Bad gas mileage is a small price to pay.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, I ordered a bunched of brouchures from ford hoping that one has a 750 coupon. I called them About a privite offer/coupon and he said one wasn't available. So it's looking like I'll buy around Christmas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts