Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive always retrofitted my past cars and cant take the ST3 projectors anymore. Going to order ST1 halogen headlights and everything to retrofit them but i'm not sure what wiring harness to get. I know the ST1 is H11 but is there a harness that converts the H11 to the D3S that I can just unplug from the car?

·
Registered
565 Posts
So a bit of info. for you: The halogen and HID lights share the exact same plug on the car side, so you don't need a cable to install there. As well there is no reason for anyone to manufacture an H11 to D3S adapter as both are entirely different systems, and have quite a bit of support seperately to not warrant an adapter, when you can just swap the whole thing out. You need to buy canbus ballasts and you may need to buy a USB to ELM327 cable and download the free foCCCus app, as you will need to change the drop down menu from factory HIDs to alternative HIDs as the car may throw a code and popup every time you start the car or may flicker haven't done a retrofit on this car yet (I have an ST1 with ST3 lights and chose the stock option and get a popup even...). TRS has canbus morimoto retrofits that easily work with these cars. Also you should wire the headlights similar to how the ST3 lights are where the ballast connects via the stock connector on the housing for the best setup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey there! Im also looking to change my headlights. I have an 2017 st1 and was looking at retro fot kits from TRS. Will there universal one work just fine? I think you answered my other question so looks like ill choose the canbus option. Do I need to select the h11 harness option as well? thanks so much! im ready to purchase.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts