Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

· Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
It's going to be a BMX Christmas this year. I gave my GF a list of goodies to add to the bike: White Tuff IIs with new knobby tires, new grips, blue chain, a set of chrome SE cranks, Haro CD sprocket, Zeronine number plate. All this white is really going to bring back the '80s (for better or worse). Pics when everything starts going on after Christmas.

· Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Christmas day was a busy day working on the Haro. Special Edition Skyway Tuff Wheel IIs with alloy hubs. SE Racing Cub Skinwall tires and freewheel mounted.
Wheel Tire Plant Automotive tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

All of the new goodies mounted on bike. New Kool-Stop brake pads, chrome SE Racing 175mm cranks, SE Racing 12 O'Clock plastic pedals, SE Racing Chain Tensioners, Haro Compact Disc 44-tooth chainwheel, a blue KMC chain, SE Racing Lightning Bolt seat, and a Flite "Jump" EVH bar pad. Oh, and I gotta have the dice valve caps!
Bicycle Tire Wheel Crankset Bicycle frame

Bicycle Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle fork

Bicycle Wall Shelf Bag Luggage and bags

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

Wheel Tire Bicycle Crankset Bicycle tire

Wheel Crankset Automotive tire Bicycle tire Rim
Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tire Wheel Crankset

This totally completes the look that I've been after; this is 100% the bike I would have killed for back in the late '80s

· Registered
'18 ST1+ Euro Sync3 Blue Recaros
337 Posts
Ive been watching this thread, thanks. What do you call the front wheel support thing and where would I find one? My kids got into Kink BMXs and Ive not figured out a good way to store them other than hanging from the ceiling, or laying on the ground.

· Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I found it on Amazon
Amazon.com: RAD Cycle Bike Stand Portable Floor Rack Bicycle Park for Smaller Bikes Lightweight and Sturdy Ready for The BMX Racing Track : Tools & Home Improvement
It's plastic, but for under 20 bucks, it works pretty well. It's at home right now (obviously), but I'll leave it at work once Winter is over for when I ride in.
I also have a pair of these: Amazon.com: Wallmaster Bike Rack Garage Wall Mount Bicycles 2-Pack Storage System Vertical Bike Hook for Indoor : Everything Else
Bike is hanging off of one right now in my office. These are great.

· Registered
'18 ST1+ Euro Sync3 Blue Recaros
337 Posts
Thanksomuch! $35 for two and my wife willbe happy again in the summer! Seems like a steal. Couldn't go for the wall mounts since we don't have any availabile walls pace. Lols

· Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
So, I was snooping around on www.bmxmuseum.com --again, don't go there, many bad things to see there-- and came across a bike that I'd completely forgotten about, but it immediately struck a chord when I saw it again: The 1984 Redline RL20-II Pro-Styler that R.L. Osborn rode and helped develop. R.L. and Mike Buff were the two riders that I followed most closely, mostly because I bought BMX Action every month when it hit the newsstands.
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

There was something about that white bike with the graphics package that it had--simple but effective.
More vinyl ordered, templates made, and I'll be using these graphics as inspiration for the latest iteration of frame graphics on the Haro.

· Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I started working on the updated graphics package last night. I pieced-together a proof-of-concept set and it looks pretty good, so I'll be moving forward with the project. I should have them wrapped-up this weekend. I also swapped the blue chain for a gold one that looks wayyyy better. Pics to follow once the graphics are done.
I also talked to the guy who powder-coated my wheels about powdering the handlebars, seat post and possibly the crank arms. White powder will be much more durable than the white Rustoleum that I sprayed them with originally.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts