Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1313 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ya, I guess I should start this while its still a build thread. Not a built thread.

FLORA

Well, it all started back in the summer of 2012

I started shopping for sports cars, test drove a mustang, challenger and camaro.
And really liked the mustang, but held off because my trusty steed JEEP was still kicking...

I also in the spring of 2013 test drove the st, and it was love at first shift!

So skip ahead and Im 2 months away from my wedding and its august 2013, and my jeep brakes a lifter at work.
of course, lives a miserable 8 indestructible years and brakes 2 months from my wedding...

Stripped and donated.

So I called my wife and broke the news, and told her I would meet her at the dealership. (in my mind I already knew what I was getting)

She pulls up and I'm sitting in a ST just grinning, so after we go for a test drive to together and I point out how family friendly it will be! she's on board.

So she hated the recaros, I hated the my ford touch. and I was strapped for cash because of the wedding....... soooooooo ST1 it is.

Ahhh, innocent stock.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that I was hooked on group buys!

I got in on the redline hood struts.

View attachment 35290

View attachment 35291

Wish I had some photos of the install, but I bought a new phone and lost some of my early mod photos.

And it was starting to get cold out, and bought up some winter wheels and tires.
Tires are dunlop winter sports.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Now, most may have stopped here.

But, this forum is so jam packed with info I just kept reading.

And reading

And reading.............

And I got bit, bit by the mod bug [email protected]$%&#%^

Next I managed to score a used Cp-e exhaust from a fellow forum member that was getting out of his ST, and stashed it in storage to hide it from the wife.
Thought I would install it in the spring, but LOL, couldn't make that long.

I got the Cp-e CAI for xmas from my wife, she was able to get the 50% off deal in the 12 days of xmas.
I was shocked, mostly that she beat you all to the code!!!!

Did the instal on this in about 9 degree weather, had to soak the rubber parts in warm water to get them to fit. and work in 10 minute intervals to regain feeling in my hands.

This is very well made and truly one of my favorite mods, it gives a very sound to the rev of the engine. Like your car just came up for air after a long dive.
It also looks great and is a real eye catcher once the hood is opened.

I also plasti dipped my wheels around this time, I really like all black wheels on a white car.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Next I set out to change all the leds, because SOMEONE had to make a thread showing how crappy the stock lights were...

I wouldn't have noticed, but now I couldn't not.

SO LIGHTS!!

Changed the backup lights
signal lights to chrome bulbs to the look silver.
The hatch interior lights
the foot wells
and front signal lights, which I couldn't even use with an st1. (they would find a use)

In went some Husky floor liners, these have saved my floors this winter!
with all the mud, salt and snow that was tracked in. I'm really glad I got them.

View attachment 35298

I also Installed some Rokblok mud flaps, because I would rather not sand blast my paint of the side of the car.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
next it was the exhaust...

Wife was at work, I had the day off.

I made the call!

I originally found the cp-e exhaust to be a bit to loud at highway cruising, but Cp-e walked me through how to adjust the sound and after hearing some other members exhausts I would never take it off.
I love this exhaust! It's so rich and full a sound, it really makes the car sound angry!

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Oh ya, did the Shift bang Tsb and the stalling tsb at the dealer.

But thats not enough.

Installed a Turbo Tech upper motor mount

Install took about 45 minutes and drastically reduces engine movement, I also preordered the Turbo tech Driver side mount.

As well as have on the way a Boomba RMM, I would like to try turbo techs rmm once they finish redesigning it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Looks great dude...this build makes me really want the exhaust upgrade as my next mod

·
Registered
324 Posts
So you now have the e-focus tsb RMM and TTR UMM, how's the difference with adding the TTR UMM?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 1313 Posts