Ford Focus ST Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
What about the 54-pin connector? I can't see it in the picture. I think I have the wrong harness. I am waiting for the vendor to send me the right one. I figured out myself that it should be something along the lines of the likes of:

https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/1005...t_main.10.21ef1c24GZkbRW&gatewayAdapt=glo2pol

But I need some confirmation from someone more knowledgeable.
I also got a Hiworld canbus and I noticed that I can't control the climate on the screen, so I swapped it for a RAISE one and now I can control it using the touchscreen.

· Registered
8 Posts
What about the 54-pin connector? I can't see it in the picture. I think I have the wrong harness. I am waiting for the vendor to send me the right one. I figured out myself that it should be something along the lines of the likes of:

https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/1005...t_main.10.21ef1c24GZkbRW&gatewayAdapt=glo2pol

But I need some confirmation from someone more knowledgeable.
I also got a Hiworld canbus and I noticed that I can't control the climate on the screen, so I swapped it for a RAISE one and now I can control it using the touchscreen.
Everything works. Backup camera and open door etc. Just not the SWC… i got the blue hiworld canbus. The seller told me to select the correct canbus model in the android settings which i did but it still isn’t working.

i hope someone can point us in the right direction. Maybe we need another canbus for Sync2? Or maybe connect key1/2 to something like mentioned earlier?

i think we need the canbus from the link you send. It has the 54 pin connector.

· Registered
10 Posts
I'm pretty sure we need another harness at least with this 54-pin connector and then we should splice the key1 cable into the pink one in the 54-pin connector. This is my theory also based on the previous post in this thread but it needs confirmation.

I read somewhere that the SWC signals are analogue and are not controlled by canbus but I am not an expert.

If my vendor does not provide me with the sync 2 harness I will buy the one from the link.

· Registered
8 Posts
I'm pretty sure we need another harness at least with this 54-pin connector and then we should splice the key1 cable into the pink one in the 54-pin connector. This is my theory also based on the previous post in this thread but it needs confirmation.
If my vendor does not provide me with the sync 2 harness I will buy the one from the link.
Who is your seller? I got mine from Amazon from Joyx. They respond fairly quickly. I asked them if i need additional hardware or if i maybe missed something else.

· Registered
8 Posts
OK :) I hope this will solve the problem and get those buttons working
I also found this:

As for the SWC: I had to dive into the electrics etc and it took some testing but I've got a fix.
The connecter that goes to the original display (C2ME04, Multi function display harness 14401) has two pins for the SWC (on pin 7 and 10).
If you look into the original connector you can see the pins and the numbers 1 and 7 next to them. As colors vary in the Android wires it is best to just see for yourself what wire connects to the pin 7.
From the new cable that connects to the origional screen connector and to the Android system you have to cut the wire that connects to that pin 7 (pin 10 doesn't work in my case and I could leave it unchanged).
In my case the wire ran to the new CAM module. I've cut it between the connector and cam module and then connected the "Key 1" wire to it.
That was it. You then have to assign the right keys in your unit which should be quite simple.
Do not connect the other cut half of the wire that goes to the CAM module to anything as this messed it up again.
It seems the SWC does not run over the CAM bus or something so a direct connection to the Android headunit works fine. I'm still not completely clear on how or why it works for some and not all but I'm glad I got it working after 6 hours...

· Registered
2015 Stealth Grey ST3 TDCi
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
now I try to explain all use cases eheheheh
first of all, all sync2 ford need the 54 pin adapter to use SWC, rear camera, etc...
after that:
1- headhunt not fully compatible with ford sync need a cut and paste of key1 wire to force the button learning
2- new headhunt should recognize automatically the SWC ford

unfortunately, I saw that with forced learning the voice commands button are not working as OEM.

P.s.: My last head unit had re cognized all but it's specifically for ford, in fact it's connected with sync (HIDDEN REAR THE HEADUNIT)

61 - 79 of 79 Posts