Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
Hey yeah I have the facelift version of the ST mk 3.5 I haven't found Canbus decoding anywhere. Been searching for a year or so. Don't want to hard-wire into the resistor area etc. Yeah as far as I know lol
all head units have a CANBUS decoder!
the only wire change I had to do it was for swc.

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A6003 utilizzando Tapatalk
Yes but you still need to get the sw wire from. Somewhere. I had the sw1 and sw2 and gnd like you had mentioned. Also a Canbus decoder there with all the connections that plugged in and still no go. I ended up getting a Bluetooth steering wheel control but have ended still removing it from he car as I really want the stock steering controls to work. I have checked with the maestro rr they don't support it. The closest I got was the steering wheel resistance values that are send to the ecu. But don't want to hack anything

Attachments

· Registered
2015 Stealth Grey ST3 TDCi
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yes but you still need to get the sw wire from. Somewhere. I had the sw1 and sw2 and gnd like you had mentioned. Also a Canbus decoder there with all the connections that plugged in and still no go. I ended up getting a Bluetooth steering wheel control but have ended still removing it from he car as I really want the stock steering controls to work. I have checked with the maestro rr they don't support it. The closest I got was the steering wheel resistance values that are send to the ecu. But don't want to hack anything
give me the link of your head unit.
on. mine one I had to modify the wire to force the learn of each button from UI. you have to cut pink cable from 54 pin connector and link it to key 1

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A6003 utilizzando Tapatalk

· Registered
6 Posts
Hello i am interested in this topic, I have a similar android headunit which has the annoying the nav bar and status bar.

Can you tell me more about how you ended up editing them?
Did you also manage to edit the apps the status bar too?
The status bar takes up way too much off the screen, i would it to only show those apps on the homescreen, not on every app i open.
Did you manage to change the radio, bluetooth, music etc. to other apps? Those apps are quite useless to me since i'm more interested in apps like DAB, Spotify etc.

About the nav bar at the bottom, did you manage to edit that too? I'm wanting to make it smaller or only show the home and back button since those AC and heat warming features are useless to me.

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
OMG, I saw this reply today!!!! i've tried to edito the bars on all my head unit but by now i'm not able to do it, also after root.
by the way, I'm enjoyng a lot with my last tesla style, I'm collaborating with producers and by now I've installed:
  1. using host of sync 2 I can use OEM radio
  2. clickin on car image on the home page I can open electric tailgate
  3. front camera with 2 speed thresholds (open and close automatically)
  4. front after market parking sensors working together with OEM rear ones
  5. canbus directly connected to the head unit

TO DO LIST / NICE TO HAVE:
  1. retrieve OEM DAB as well as radio
  2. open also electric roof by touchscreen
  3. ADAS on the homescreen
  4. maps in a frame of the homescreen(splitted)
  5. enable START&STOP switch (you can disbale it by default at engine start)
  6. integrate better ALEXA as assistant
  7. etc...

· Registered
6 Posts
OMG, I saw this reply today!!!! i've tried to edito the bars on all my head unit but by now i'm not able to do it, also after root.
by the way, I'm enjoyng a lot with my last tesla style, I'm collaborating with producers and by now I've installed:
  1. using host of sync 2 I can use OEM radio
  2. clickin on car image on the home page I can open electric tailgate
  3. front camera with 2 speed thresholds (open and close automatically)
  4. front after market parking sensors working together with OEM rear ones
  5. canbus directly connected to the head unit

TO DO LIST / NICE TO HAVE:
  1. retrieve OEM DAB as well as radio
  2. open also electric roof by touchscreen
  3. ADAS on the homescreen
  4. maps in a frame of the homescreen(splitted)
  5. enable START&STOP switch (you can disbale it by default at engine start)
  6. integrate better ALEXA as assistant
  7. etc...
that sounds really cool!
I have returned mine, the ui was bothering me too much so i ended up getting a PX6 android unit from aliexpress and honestly it's so good.

but damn you seem to be having a great time modding yours. would like to see the outcome of this project of yours.

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
that sounds really cool!
I have returned mine, the ui was bothering me too much so i ended up getting a PX6 android unit from aliexpress and honestly it's so good.

but damn you seem to be having a great time modding yours. would like to see the outcome of this project of yours.
yes finally I've found the definitive head unit afte a px3 and an sc9853i

21 - 40 of 79 Posts