Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

· Registered
2015 Stealth Grey ST3 TDCi
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm opening this topic for two reasons:
  1. make a developer group to create a new custom UI for this android HU (and others probably)
  2. collect all steps of this project

· Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
5,391 Posts
I'd be curious as to the end result of this project. Are your plans to replace the entire UI to mimic the tesla unit or use the existing hardware?

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd be curious as to the end result of this project. Are your plans to replace the entire UI to mimic the tesla unit or use the existing hardware?
No no, I will retain all the hardware! 😄
I want only to change topbar, launcher, theme etc... but I need some help to understand how to start

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DONE STEP
  • rooted
  • find TOPBAR apk and decompile it (/system/priv-app/SystemUI.apk)
TO DO
  • put FOCUS ST image for bootloop and car logo in the home screen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had trid to remove SystemUI.apk and all bars were removed; unfortunately, also the notification/status bar then I had restored it.
Now I changed an app on the topbar, after work I'll recompile it and try to replace the original one.
Stay tuned!

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
DONE STEP
  • root
  • find TOPBAR apk and decompile it (/system/priv-app/SystemUI.apk)
  • install CARWEBGURU launcher with ROAD theme
  • install SHORTCUTTER app to replace SystemUi bar and integrate ASK TO ALEXA shortcut (one of my priority)
TO DO
  • put FOCUS ST image for bootloop and car logo in the home screen
  • recompile modded SystemUI--> blocked cause of issue on APKTOOLS

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys, I've changed my approach cause of a lot of issues!!!!!
I've received ANDROID 10 update fimware and i've installed it with WIPE, then my radio came back to factory settings;
it's not bad cause with widgets, launcher, apps etc... the performances were a disaster.
Now, after this bad experience, Id like to try to adapt the original launcher and fixing all issues with chinese engineer.

I've discovered that all car launchers have issues and bad performances cause are generic and too much costumizables; then, if you want to use normal smartphones launcher like nova, pixel etc.. ok, but others like CARWEBGURU (the worst), car launcher, AGAMA etc... I suggest to try to use the stock one before change

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey MarcusFoFo, is this on the Mk3.5 or the pre facelift model, curious to see if you got the canbus working becuase AFAIK it hasnt been decoded on facelift?
what is AFAIK? this head unit is better for pre face-lift but it works well also on MK3.5. but now I found a better head unit that seems developed FOR FORD CANBUS.
but its the first head unit.
omg

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A6003 utilizzando Tapatalk

· Premium Member
1,160 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
what is AFAIK? this head unit is better for pre face-lift but it works well also on MK3.5. but now I found a better head unit that seems developed FOR FORD CANBUS.
but its the first head unit.
omg

Hey yeah I have the facelift version of the ST mk 3.5 I haven't found Canbus decoding anywhere. Been searching for a year or so. Don't want to hard-wire into the resistor area etc. Yeah as far as I know lol

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey yeah I have the facelift version of the ST mk 3.5 I haven't found Canbus decoding anywhere. Been searching for a year or so. Don't want to hard-wire into the resistor area etc. Yeah as far as I know lol
all head units have a CANBUS decoder!
the only wire change I had to do it was for swc.

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 79 Posts