Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
193 Posts
Looks awesome so far. The only thing I can see that I would personally change would be to ditch the chrome trim around the windows.

· Registered
601 Posts
Keep that **** off here.....lol SYKE...that is DOPE...I always loved the small SUVs done up...back in the day I had a turbo gsr CRV....awd...so much fun. I'd love to see this slammed ...not a fan of the white bumper piece in back...keep it tite! Aight!:)

the T34418L3 1

· Registered
633 Posts
Def interested to see some numbers. Excuse my ignorance, but what kind of possibilities does this engine have? I'm assuming it's similar to our 2.0, engine bay looks identical

· Registered
117 Posts
Hi Karl! First of all I like to say I love your build mostly the rims. Very very nice.

Second I'm very interested in your cat back that you've created for your Escape. As can tell I'm also an Escape owner as well and part of Fordescape.org, the leading Ford Escape forum on the internet from what I see. There are many Escape owners on there that are modding their CUVs and having a company and Escape like you on the forum would be great if you don't mind. There are many Escape owners that have done many of the mods you have and then again not as extensive as you mostly when it comes to the interior mods. Come join us and teach us and if you're making Escape aftermarket parts anyways Fordescape.org is the place to present them for aftermarket enthusiast.

Here's pictures of my owner personal build. So far I have a Steeda intake, Denso "one colder" sparkplugs, CX Racing intercooler, Ford Kuga rear spoiler, soon to be purchased Ford Focus ST rims, and hopefully by the end of the month a tune by Unleashed.

Attachments

· Registered
161 Posts
I have a '13 with the 2.0EB. Many Escapes are the smaller 1.6l EB with the stack of recalls.

I also would like a tune. However with the auto trans much of the nonsense from the stock ST tune is covered up. I'd also consider a tune, but I tow with mine at or near the max trailer and max CGVWR. Knowing that my towing is much more likely to cause me to have to need a warranty claim on the engine or trans, I'm pretty paranoid. With 33k and over 5k towing, so far everything is good. Except for two short downhills, I was "on boost" for almost two hours continuously towing on the expressway once. I'm sure I "need" an intercooler more than anything, but I'm paranoid Ford will just point at it and blame me if I have a problem.

I ran a 15.35 in the 1/4 at 2100 DA all stock. At 3827# actual weight that day, it add up that then engine is within a handful of HP of an ST. In fact my same day, same scale, same track results put my ST at just over 240 HP at the wheels and the Escape at just over 250 HP. Of course there is no way to correlate "same launch, same shifting" between an AWD auto and a FWD stick and backtracking apps don't consider it. The point is the Escape has to make very close to the same power.

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Def interested to see some numbers. Excuse my ignorance, but what kind of possibilities does this engine have? I'm assuming it's similar to our 2.0, engine bay looks identical
Same engine, same turbo as FoST.

What does the escape run for boost?
16 PSI-ish is what we see most of the time.

Hi Karl! First of all I like to say I love your build mostly the rims. Very very nice.

Second I'm very interested in your cat back that you've created for your Escape. As can tell I'm also an Escape owner as well and part of Fordescape.org, the leading Ford Escape forum on the internet from what I see. There are many Escape owners on there that are modding their CUVs and having a company and Escape like you on the forum would be great if you don't mind. There are many Escape owners that have done many of the mods you have and then again not as extensive as you mostly when it comes to the interior mods. Come join us and teach us and if you're making Escape aftermarket parts anyways Fordescape.org is the place to present them for aftermarket enthusiast.

Here's pictures of my owner personal build. So far I have a Steeda intake, Denso "one colder" sparkplugs, CX Racing intercooler, Ford Kuga rear spoiler, soon to be purchased Ford Focus ST rims, and hopefully by the end of the month a tune by Unleashed.
WOW! Looking good, Tou!

Yes, I will check out that forum for sure.

· Registered
117 Posts
WOW! Looking good, Tou!

Yes, I will check out that forum for sure.
Shhhhh...Don't say my name too loud. The FBI is looking for me. Haha...I'm surprised you still remember my butt.

I've decided to share this thread on Fordescape.org. (I hope you don't mind) and there's already interest in your axle back exhaust mod.

Massive Speed System Ford Escape Build - 2013 / 2014 / 2015 Ford Escape Forum

Hope to see you over there soon. Your expertise would be appreciated.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.