Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i'm new to here, i currently have the ford performance pack on my 13' ST which has the procal 3 tune. I don't know too much about tuning and so how would I go about using a cobb accessport to further tune my car. Is it dangerous if i already have the procal 3 tune?

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
Okay so i'm new to here, i currently have the ford performance pack on my 13' ST which has the procal 3 tune. I don't know too much about tuning and so how would I go about using a cobb accessport to further tune my car. Is it dangerous if i already have the procal 3 tune?
If you are using Ford's procal you are locked into that tune; there is nothing further you can do.

Reactions: Jmancuso0406

·
Registered
67 Posts
Having had the procal myself and wanting to move to AP tuning I asked a similar question. As ddfred noted, there is no adjusting or 'further tuning' the procal tune itself. The answer if you would like to move outside/beyond of the procal tune is that you need to have the car flashed backed to a stock configuration and the procal3 removed. From there you would have to marry the AP per their standard process and either use Cobb OTS tunes or reach out to another tuning company which supports the AP.

What are your goals with additional tuning?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I can't speak for anything regarding the procal tune, but if you want to actually tune the car yourself as opposed to buying a tune from stratified, JST, panda, etc you first need the accessport then you need to buy the class Cobb offers and they will allow you to edit the data tables the ECU uses. My roommate did this with his WRX. He was telling me that all, or at least most, tunes from tuners are locked and uneditable. What my roommate did was take the OTS tune he had, read the data logs very carefully, backwards engineered the tune, and edited the stock tables with what he learned from the OTS' data logs. It's a lot of work and you need to be extremely careful. You can't just set the boost target to 25psi at all RPMs in all gears, you'll blow up the car real quick. It will be a sweet pull, but you'll only get one.

I would like to go this route myself, buy a good tune then do the class and figure things out on my own, but my roommate spent a tremendous amount of time figuring all of it out. Like, at least 3 days a week after work for like 4 or 5 hours just researching stuff on so many different forums for like 3-4 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts