Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Interested in knowing how everyone else is doing with rock chips...

I've currently got 4 (1 on drivers door and 1 on rear bumper...no clue how that works)

I've only got 5600 miles and I feel like by 50k it'll be rediculous. I want to keep the paint nice but it's not working very well.

Note: I've already had the front bumper repainted due to a gravel truck f**king me. They paid for it at least.

I purposefully don't tailgate but it doesn't seem to help.

On a side note I just installed these rock guards:
20160619_193258.jpg

(Can't make this not sideways due to using my phone)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got an xpel clear bra on mine immediately after I took delivery. I knew the paint was so thin it was going to be necessary to keep it looking halfway decent. All I would suggest for you is to use some touch up paint and then get a clear bra. Honestly not anything else you can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Even though I swore I'd never do it again. I ordered a clear bra for this one too.
Took it to a hand car wash and the little mexican lady put a nice chip on my door, getting into it.

Should've called INS on her azz, or Trump.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Roads in Wisconsin are horrendous. I got three rock chips in the hood just on the drive home from the dealership. A week later I sprayed on 3m Paint Defender. It's helped.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yeah my front bumper is covered in rock chips and they are all over the car randomly now. Having 15/20 spacers hasnt helped, I feel like if you go with wider wheels/tires or get spacers it is wise to get mud flaps or rock guards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Even though I swore I'd never do it again. I ordered a clear bra for this one too.
Took it to a hand car wash and the little mexican lady put a nice chip on my door, getting into it.

Should've called INS on her azz, or Trump.
I'd be pissed, but you played yourself by not doing it yourself in the first place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts