Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car ate through the stock bushings about 10k miles ago at most. Replaced them with whiteline poly bushings, and now these are starting to go.. Anyone else having these issues?

My car is stock turbo with bolt ons, made 360 plus torque on dyno, daily driven with hard acceleration often. Car is lowered on steeda springs.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bushing wear, especially abnormal wear like that is a cause for concern. something bent, improper installation, etc.
yes I understand that, that is why I am reaching out to the group here to make sure this is more of a one off issue that is all between my car and the parts vs something that may occur occasionally with this model.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
How can you tell when the bushings are worn? Sloppy steering?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How can you tell when the bushings are worn? Sloppy steering?
yes in a way, it wasn't loose all the time but when they went the first time the car would dart to either side under braking and then eventually under hard acceleration. Now I put my car on the lift and checked the control arms for play with a pry bar. and my play is back, passenger side is the worst.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
yes in a way, it wasn't loose all the time but when they went the first time the car would dart to either side under braking and then eventually under hard acceleration. Now I put my car on the lift and checked the control arms for play with a pry bar. and my play is back, passenger side is the worst.
I have about 65k on mine and have not noticed anything like this.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Any idea what type of power your putting down?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Just a tune and resonator delete, so not much more than stock.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have just over 41K and Auto x. I haven't noticed anything like this with mine. Have you talked to Ford about it?

Sent from another garage.
no I haven't talked to ford, I am well out of warranty and the mods list will just cause them to laugh at me. you can tell my car has a fair amount of work done to it just when its parked, let alone on a test drive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts