Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2013 Focus ST a week ago and it is bone stock. I'm looking at wheels and would like to get 18x9.5 5x108 ET40 and wanted to know if anyone had any problem with the fitment. I also plan on lowering my car a little and was curious if that will cause complications as well? Any help would be great thanks!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Just bought a 2013 Focus ST a week ago and it is bone stock. I'm looking at wheels and would like to get 18x9.5 5x108 ET40 and wanted to know if anyone had any problem with the fitment. I also plan on lowering my car a little and was curious if that will cause complications as well? Any help would be great thanks!
I've run 3 sets in this size and on bags. No issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'm running 18x9.5 et38 and no problems being lowered on springs. I'm also on stock tires so they are stretched a little bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What about rubbing issues? I'm guessing that the stretched tires help, but would wider better fitting tires rub on the arches?

·
Registered
40 Posts
What about rubbing issues? I'm guessing that the stretched tires help, but would wider better fitting tires rub on the arches?
Depends what wheel offset and what your suspension setup is. I mounted 245's and had little rubbing up front on hard bumps with lowering springs. I switched to airlift suspension, and added very little Camber and have no rubbing issues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Depends what wheel offset and what your suspension setup is. I mounted 245's and had little rubbing up front on hard bumps with lowering springs. I switched to airlift suspension, and added very little Camber and have no rubbing issues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Really, and with lowered suspension as well?! Interesting...I myself, I'm planning on keeping my suspension standard, at least for the time being, especially since I've got Fifteen52 spoilers fitted. I'm planning on having the rims come out further on the Forgestar F14 Super Concaves I'm planning on getting within the near future (two or three weeks) to go with the flared wheel arches I'll be fitting, and it interests me that you were able to fit 18x9.5 with no trouble on lowered suspension and with no flares! You were even able to keep your original tires! Nice. :cool:

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST1 Kona Blue
143 Posts
My rims are 18x9.5 et+34 on Michelin PS4S 265/35R18 Stock Suspension no problems.

·
Administrator
11,874 Posts
could you take a pic looking straight down the side of car so can see how flush? thx
They poke a good amount, and if he lowered the car, he'd be rubbing hard all way round.

Stock suspension is the only reason this works. Which now limits the ability to run aftermarket suspension. Proper coilovers can be adjusted to work, but no spring/shock combos would.

I had issues on swift springs, 18x8.5 et 33 57xtremes and 255-35 mpss. Had to roll my fenders, and still rubbed if loaded.

There are a lot of variables here, and it's never a great idea to mod yourself into a corner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts