Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings guys and gals,
I'm new to this forum but not new to cars,

Not sure is this is the correct place to post this or not.(If not, Mods please move it to the correct location)

So I just purchased an OW 2014 ST3 Focus like 2 weeks ago and it has been a fun car to drive. My last car was an '02 WRB Subaru WRX, which developed a slight rod knock, thus one reason for selling it and getting into my current ride.

I'm the 3rd owner of the car.
The car is not stock.(but there are no CEL's)
The 1st owner did the mods, and I do not have a contact number for him, to be able to see what all is done to the car.
I know it has a Ford Racing exhaust, but I don't know if it's a cat back, or turbo back.
The car also has an SCT tuner which came with the car, and the current tune turns the boost up to about 23lbs or so on 93 octane.

After purchasing this focus, I went to get the car inspected for the registration process.
When the inspection station hooked the car up, it threw three "not ready " codes.
The codes that it was throwing are, Catalyst: not ready,
O2 Sensor: not ready,
O2 Sensor heater: not ready.

I returned the car to stock via the tuner, and it still had the same three codes showing not ready, plus like 2 MORE codes, so i just reflashed the car back to the performance tune.

Long story short, I had to get a waiver for inspection from the DMV to get the car to pass inspection.

Any help y'all could give as to why these codes are showing up, and what i can do to fix them so I do not have to go through the same process next year, would be very helpfull!
Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Some other threads on here mention that Cobb stage III tunes turn off the back O2 sensor, it's possible that's what your tune is doing. Also, have you checked your down pipe to see if there's still a cat there? They may have removed it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You may have to complete a drive cycle. Anytime you reset the ECU you have to drive the car a bit to get the sensors ready. I had to do it on my RSX after clearing a cel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drove for about 150 miles and it still was not ready... the previous (2nd owner) said something about the car having a high flow cat...i dunno if that would be the problem...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts