Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently hardwired a G1W-C dash cam into 2 different cars (my Focus ST and a different car). For both cars I used the same power supply kit and add-a-fuse kit. Other car is wired into an unused 10A fuse and turns on and off perfectly with the engine. My car has an issue with the camera failing to turn on when I press the engine start button. I have the add-a-fuse kit in fuse 85 with the 7.5A fuse in the lower slot, 2A fuse in the upper slot for the cam, and the correct end of the add-a-fuse on the battery side of the fuse slot, checked with a multimeter. Basically what happens is I turn the car on, and the camera doesn't turn on. I can use the button on the camera to turn the camera on and then it will power down with the car. However, sometimes it turns on with the engine. I think I have noticed a trend that if the car has been run recently, it will turn on with the car, and if it has been sitting a while, it will not turn on with the car, but I haven't tested this thoroughly. When I checked the fuse box to figure out which side was the battery side during installation, I did notice that the voltage seemed to ramp up on the multimeter display slower than I expected. Usually checking a battery or something it jumps right to the battery voltage. With this one I could watch the voltage go to 2V, 6V, 10V, 12V or whatever.

Can anyone who has hardwired a camera share any issues they've had, or if no issues, which fuse location you used?

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts