Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I keep the folks over Focus Fanatics informed about your snorkel? Price, availability, shipping, where to buy?

The FRPP snorkel fits the Standard SE, so I would guess yours fits the SE also.

I want to stop people to buy the "expensive one from a big corp".

EDIT*****Please don't link me over one of the 100's threads about your snorkle, info is hard to find and people may don't want to register on this forum only to ask one question.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The answer is probably yes. If not, minor modifications to the unit I'm sure. I've pm'd to order one anyway. If it doesn't work I'll sell it to someone locally. Price is $108 USD before shipping. I came here because of your post on FocusFanatics :p

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The answer is probably yes. If not, minor modifications to the unit I'm sure. I've pm'd to order one anyway. If it doesn't work I'll sell it to someone locally. Price is $108 USD before shipping. I came here because of your post on FocusFanatics :p

Haha, Nice. Are you the guy who posted on FocusFanatics?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That na focus is going to fly with all that fresh ambient air.

Lol, makes a small difference with the tune and the CAI. Not an ST by any means, but while i'm waiting on my project car, it does the thing. Worth the 108$ for sure.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
How can I keep the folks over Focus Fanatics informed about your snorkel? Price, availability, shipping, where to buy?

The FRPP snorkel fits the Standard SE, so I would guess yours fits the SE also.

I want to stop people to buy the "expensive one from a big corp".

EDIT*****Please don't link me over one of the 100's threads about your snorkle, info is hard to find and people may don't want to register on this forum only to ask one question.

Thanks.
Hi Kent, nice hearing from you again. Thanks for the promo, but the Rocket Science Snorkel has sold out. The only affordable method for producing these short run polymer products is to use a Silicone Mold, and they only last for 50-100 parts before the quality suffers. We got around ninety. I've got a list of guys who are interested and weren't able to get in on the this limited run. But, as of now, there are no plans for another run. The support of Forum members and the demand for the RS Snorkel was really amazing. I'm very pleased, and very grateful. Best, JP

·
Registered
2,190 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Kent, nice hearing from you again. Thanks for the promo, but the Rocket Science Snorkel has sold out. The only affordable method for producing these short run polymer products is to use a Silicone Mold, and they only last for 50-100 parts before the quality suffers. We got around ninety. I've got a list of guys who are interested and weren't able to get in on the this limited run. But, as of now, there are no plans for another run. The support of Forum members and the demand for the RS Snorkel was really amazing. I'm very pleased, and very grateful. Best, JP
Say it ain't so! :crying:

·
Registered
65 Posts
So no more snorkel kit for the st ?!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
So no more snorkel kit for the st ?!
Blue, I'm looking at all the possibilities. This initial stage was always intended to be a limited run. But there are many great new technologies becoming available, and I'm exploring those now. For example, in about eight weeks we'll have the ability to directly 3D Print molds for injection molding. This could be a major breakthrough for the short production run needs of special cars like the ST. It's too early to say where this may lead. I hope it leads us to some great new products at affordable prices. I'll be posting about these possibilities in the weeks ahead. Thanks for your interest. I don't know of any other market arena that supports and encourages their suppliers the way the ST Forum does. JP

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
@fivaldrood, @GhoST and @Gats, I was really surprised at how fast these sold out. Member support has been terrific. I'll put you guys on the update list, so you'll be on top of any news. Thanks Guys. JP

1 - 20 of 71 Posts