Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
I was able to get thishttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CPGMUXW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 pressure washer open boxed for like 80 bucks and got this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WPKHFA6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 foam cannon for 16. The pressure washer has really good reviews and I have had zero complaints about it.
I also have that foam canon. My pressure washer is just an $100 harbor freight electric pressure washer.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
If you get a foam gun you can use it with a typical garden hose. Either way all you are doing is a presoak. You still need to do a regular two bucket wash, it isn't foam the car and rinse it off and be clean. IMHO all it is, is a show and waste of soap.

·
Premium Member
13,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you get a foam gun you can use it with a typical garden hose. Either way all you are doing is a presoak. You still need to do a regular two bucket wash, it isn't foam the car and rinse it off and be clean. IMHO all it is, is a show and waste of soap.
I've noticed a difference in the ease of washing the car with a pre soak. I have a foam cannon that works off the normal garden hose. However my water pressure sucks. So rinsing takes more time than it should. I figured if I get a pressure washer I'd get a foam cannon that works with it.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
What you want is one with metal parts not plastic. I don't use them, but from what I have read, people getting the cheap ones are mostly happy with them. Gilmore makes many of them for places like Adams and Autogeek, and make hem without amstore name on them at places like Amazon

·
Registered
768 Posts
To Ben honest, it never crossed my mind to search for a cheap foam cannon on Amazon or anything like that. I spend so much time on my detailing forums and in detailing stores, it ironically never came up.

So there's also a difference between a foam cannon and a foam gun. You have a fun on the garden hose. GPM is important with a cannon. The higher the better; or st least the cannon manufacturer should list its requirements.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've used one of these for several years now: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YKVGS8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (Bought it Nov 13 to be exact)

I didn't expect too much of it and it's over delivered, so that's good. It has done countless car washes and that's about all it's ever used for with the exception of a deck once or twice. A real pressure washer would be better, but it does a decent job for the price.

I use it with this: DI Accessories Foam Lance | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image

Overall the foam is decent. It uses a lot of soap to get thick foam though and would be much better with a higher PSI pressure washer, but it gets the job done well enough.

Don't waste your time with anything that hooks onto a garden hose, that's going to be pointless. Plus, most of the real value is gained by being able to blast the bigger chunks away before using a mitt.

Edit: Oh, and disclaimer, I did buy the pressure washer for $70 and the foam lance for $60, so look for deals.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've never had good luck with pressure washers. I would either drop the coin on a really good one, or buy super cheap so it can be disposable. I did actually have a little electric one that lasted a couple years. I forgot the brand though. Harbor Freight is a good option. i bought an engine lift from them for dirt cheap and it definitely did the job. only needed it the one time and didn't want/need to spend a fortune.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I also have the harbor freight electric pressure washer. How are you using the attachment with the plastic hose it give you?
I actually haven't used it yet but did notice this issue. I am probably just going to drop some money on another pressure washer and use this one for other little crap. Not sure why they did that s*** with the harbor freight one.

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Nice...! Ill put one on order too. It comes with a attachment for a cannon but its not the greatest.
So I received the part today and it is not a direct fit but I think it will work. Gonna cut the extended piece off and then it should work...

fitting.jpg

Reactions: UnfocusedST

·
Registered
52 Posts
So I received the part today and it is not a direct fit but I think it will work. Gonna cut the extended piece off and then it should work...

View attachment 237593
O man... ya lmk I'll try ordering a different brand or something. I'm trying to complete my detailing kit before I order it. I just use the one it came with. Which is horrible... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts