1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

August 10, 2017
Horsham, Pennsylvania

AWE ANNOUNCES PLANS TO ENTER THE FORD FOCUS MARKET

AWE’s growth continues with the addition of their 10th major segment entry, the Ford Focus. The brand announced today they will be entering with new products for both the Mk3 Focus RS and Focus ST.

"The RS and ST are absolute blasts to drive, and we’ve loved getting to know them. This new line of exhausts, as well as soon-to-come carbon fiber intakes, take our unique precision engineering formulas and apply them to this hot hatch segment,” stated AWE’s VP of Marketing, Jesse Kramer.

First, the line will incorporate an exhaust lineup that will include three variants: AWE’s Touring Edition which brings sophisticated tones across the RPM range, AWE’s SwitchPath™ valved system (first made popular on AWE’s Audi R8 exhaust), which offers sound-variation at the touch of an included remote, and the Track Edition which offers an aggressive note all the time.

AWE will then move to offer a racing-only carbon fiber intake line, which will fall under AWE’s “S-FLO” Carbon Fiber Intake product line.

“From the refined performance of our Touring Editions, to our unchained Track Editions, to the future carbon fiber intake line, we’re excited to bring our products to the Focus market,” Kramer added.

AWE will be releasing additional information about the product line as the launch gets closer, a date which they have yet to announce, but assures that it is "soon."

The product line will be launched in partnership with CJ Pony Parts, who will lead the eCommerce sales channel for the new line.

About AWE

AWE is the authority in precision automotive engineering for enthusiast automobiles. From award-winning handcrafted performance exhausts to track-tested carbon fiber intakes and performance intercoolers, AWE innovates, designs, engineers, manufactures, and distributes AWE brand performance products globally through its preferred network of dealers, online and from its state-of-the-art headquarters outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Since 1991, AWE’s elite team of researchers, engineers, innovators and drivers have track-tested and introduced premium performance upgrades for some of the finest automobiles in the world.

###​

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts
No need to weasel. Tours are available everyday from 9-6 p.m. Let me know you shirt size ahead of time, I'll have a shirt ready for you.
Awesome, Thanks Josh.

I will be in touch for next week. Sweet.

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts
Happy to see that the community for the platform is getting stronger... more vendors must mean faith in the future of the Focus ST/RS
Unless they nerf the motor displacement and ruin the platform...

Then the ST/RS will fade.

Right now it's hot hot hot, though, lol

·
Super Moderator
8,078 Posts
Unless they nerf the motor displacement and ruin the platform...

Then the ST/RS will fade.

Right now it's hot hot hot, though, lol
Are you saying if they do NOT nerf the displacement and ruin the platform then it will die?

The way you worded it you are saying the ST/RS will fade unless they make it weaker :lol:

I'm assuming you meant the opposite and it ran together?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Are you saying if they do NOT nerf the displacement and ruin the platform then it will die?

The way you worded it you are saying the ST/RS will fade unless they make it weaker :lol:

yeah i assumed that is what he meant also, in less they are going to try selling to a market that doesn't like more HP!!!

Most want more not less ;) the 2018/19 is supposed to be a slightly bigger/higher output though. or so rumors say. Time will tell, but it also sounds like the STs might be made in China or is that only the SE Focus group? and will be skipping 2018 and not made til '19

Oh well my statement still stands, I am happy to see more products making it into our world.

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts

Read it as two complete thoughts. Lower displacement = ruin, then aftermarket fades.

Geez guys...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts