Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I just thought I would pop up a quick first impression since I got a lil' sum-thin in the mail today. I have been using the zl1 add-ons original heavy duty pads for the last year or so and they are a great product. That being said I think John has stepped up his game. The packaging and quality of these new jack pads are incredible. They are packaged and feel like the premium label given to them. Now for a couple pics.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Now with the other model. Funny story here, I went to grab it to snap a photo with the one I had and couldn't find it where I normally keep it, so I went and looked under the car and sure enough it was still stuck on the pinch weld. Those magnets work great, it had been 10 days since I used it and probably around 250 miles though rain and even a little snow. I am actually a little amazed it was still on the car!

image.jpg

Thanks @Skylane765 glad to have your products on the forum. Next item I will be picking up is the mag puck.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I may need to get one of these

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
There is one going on now no?

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
I am pissed one of my delrin one snapped in half. I wanted 4 of the aluminium ones but they only had 2.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Wish I would've gotten one like yours.
View attachment 77882
This is what I got. These new ones seem to be a heck of a lot nicer for the same price. A little crappy since I only got mine about 2 weeks ago when they announced them. I don't think they should have rolled them out if there was an immediate change in appearance coming so quickly

·
Vendor
127 Posts
This is what I got. These new ones seem to be a heck of a lot nicer for the same price. A little crappy since I only got mine about 2 weeks ago when they announced them. I don't think they should have rolled them out if there was an immediate change in appearance coming so quickly
they are not the same price, the red ones are more in cost.

·
Vendor
127 Posts
They are not the same cost, they are the same thing but packaged and cost more, plus you would have to wait to get the red ones at that time. You can trade them in if you want.

·
Registered
485 Posts
They are not the same cost, they are the same thing but packaged and cost more, plus you would have to wait to get the red ones at that time. You can trade them in if you want.
I bought the premium Focus pad, which was the same price as this red one.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
We have them in stock now, let me know we will replace with heavy use no charge or you can upgrade to the premium with discount.
Sorry, that came across wrong. The product is great. It is just my luck that I got on that seems to have a issue.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just wanted to toss a quick comment on here. I used my jack pad when I swapped my brakes for my last track day. When I went to swap back to street pads I discovered that I had driven 1.5hrs to the track, spent 3hrs on track and then drove back home with the jack pad on the bottom. It was still there no worse for wear. This is a great addition to the toolbox for sure.

·
Premium Member
13,534 Posts
Just wanted to toss a quick comment on here. I used my jack pad when I swapped my brakes for my last track day. When I went to swap back to street pads I discovered that I had driven 1.5hrs to the track, spent 3hrs on track and then drove back home with the jack pad on the bottom. It was still there no worse for wear. This is a great addition to the toolbox for sure.
Yeah I did something similar without track time.

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I still need these. Do you feel safe putting jackstands underneath them?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I personally wouldn't because I'm not sure how to safely balance the jackpad on the jackstand . I know it's not an official location but I usually put my stands under the front control arm bushings.

·
Premium Member
13,534 Posts
I personally wouldn't because I'm not sure how to safely balance the jackpad on the jackstand . I know it's not an official location but I usually put my stands under the front control arm bushings.
That what I do since they are part of what holds the weight of the vehicle anyway.

Sent from another galaxy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts